You are here: SriPedia - Oppiliappan - Archives - Mar 2006

Oppiliappan List Archive: Message 00035 Mar 2006

Mar 2006 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

If my understanding is right, the planet responsible for career is Mercury and
the lord of Mercury is Vishnu. So if one recites Vishnu Sahasranamam, the
career (or any of the four purusharthas) can be achieved.
  Ara Ram <aravaram@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  Dear Buvana:

  When I read what you have written, the first thought that came to me was
praying to Hanumaan.
  Parthasarathi swami has given a sloka and I can add another one on Hanumaan.
Please allow me
  to give you the slokas in the proper sanskrit text.

  First, minor corrections to what Mr. Parthasarathy has written:

  Budhdhir balam, yaSoo, Dhairyam, nirbhayathvam, aroogathaa,
  ajaadyam, vaakpatuthvam cha Hanuumath smaraNaath bhaveeth||

  Intellectual strength (or intellect and strength), fame, courage,
fearlessness, good health,
  briskness, and eloquence in speech, (these) will happen with the recollection
of (meditation on) Hanumaan!

  AsaaDhya saaDhaka Swaamin asaaDhyam thava kim vadha|
  Raama dhuutha, krupaa sinDhoo math kaaryam saaDhaya Prabhoo||

  (Hey) Swaamin, Rama dhuuthaa, ocean of mercy, one who accomplishes impossible
things,
  Tell (me) what is impossible for you, Oh Lord, enable me to accomplish my
work!

  After these two slokas, I would chant "Sriram Jayaram, Jaya Jayaram" 28 times
or as many times as possible.

  Special Note:

  I am using the pronounciation as in German, where each vowel has only one
sound.
  Since they don't differentiate between short and long vowels, I am using 'a'
for short and 'aa' for long, etc.
  a - aa, i - ii, u - uu, e - ee, ai, o - oo, ou  ---- as in sanskrit or hindi
script
  I am using T,D,L, and N for hard 't', 'd', 'l' and 'n' sounds. 'th' 'Th'  and
'dh' 'Dh' for the th-based sounds.
  Likewise: 'k' 'kh','g' 'gh'  for 'k' based sounds,
                 'ch' 'Ch' 'j' jh' for the 'ch' based sounds.
                 'p' 'ph','b','bh' for the 'p' based sounds,

  There are no sounds equivalent to 'nga' and 'gnya' which come at the end of
'k' and 'ch' series.  These may be written as given, but perhaps in italics, to
mean the two alphabets concerned.

  I would use 's' for regular 's' sound and 'S' for hard 's' as in yaSoo and
'sh' for similar sound as in 'ship'.

  I think there is one great misuse of the Tamil alphabet that is written as
'zh'. This should correspond to
  the very soft sound based on 'l' and it may be written as 'lh'. For example,
it may be written as 'tamilh',
  not 'thamizh'. There are sounds based on 'zh' in Russian and it should be the
soft sound based on 'z'.

  Writing this way, I keep the english style of using the capitol letters for
the start of a sentence and for starting
  the name of a person. There are still some conflicts, such as in 'Lakshmi'.
Here the 'L' is the soft 'l', and it is capitolized to indicate the name
Lakshmi. However, in 'avaL' the 'L' is the hard 'l'. It will take some time to
get
  used to this, but I find it lot easier to read the Sanskrit, Hindi and Tamil
texts, written in english script, exactly the same way as they should be
pronounced.

  Hope the above write-up helps and alleviates some of the problems, so one can
come up with the precise pronounciation.

  Aravamudhan Raman
  Professor,
  Louisiana State University,
  Baton Rouge, LA 70803 USA
  aravaram@xxxxxxxxx

Parthasarathi BR <brp.sarathi@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  I can Suggest a Sloka on the GREAT Anjaneya

Buddhir Balam yasodhairyam Nirbhayathvam marogatha
Ajatyam Vakbadhuthvamsa Sa Hanoomath Smaranath bhava

Which speaks of Great Qualities of the Rama Dhootha who did So many Good
things --Most Esplly UNITED the DHIVYA THAMPATHIGAL

Aandal thiruvadigale saranam

Adiyen Parthasarathi ramanuja dasan

--
Regards

           B.R.Parthasarathi

        Hinduism   Fund raising   Beliefs     Religion

        Hinduism   Fund raising   Beliefs     Religion

http://us.click.yahoo.com/lMct6A/Vp3LAA/i1hLAA/XUWolB/TM