You are here: SriPedia - Oppiliappan - Archives - Mar 2006

Oppiliappan List Archive: Message 00083 Mar 2006

Mar 2006 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

SrI:

Dear All :

Few of you have written to me about the eclipse on March 14 and whether to
do
TarpaNam et al. I have indicated that this eclipse does not have GrahaNa
PuNya Kaalam due to Penumbral nature  and therefore it does not require any
TarpaNam etc. This eclipse is visible in USA but not in India and yet based
on the Penumbral
as opposed to the Umbral or Total nature of other lunar eclipses , I have
come to this conclusion . If you still want to perform GrahaNa tarpaNam et
al , no harm will be done . It will be just superfluous . Please refer to
the local news papers for Moon
rise and local Eclipse times . You can also have a google search on these
topics
and Wikipedia search for Umbral, Penumbral eclipses.  Those in India are
requested to contact their Matams/AchAryAs  or local Bruhaspathys.

Please join the Vaidheekam Yahoo group , which is a treasure house on
anushtAnams and SamskArams . It is moderated by a Sara abjij~nar ,, whose
input on the current grahaNam is appended below . Please browse the
following web pages as well and perform your Nithya -Naimitthika KarmAs
without lObham :

http://www.ahobilam.com

V.SadagOpan

Attachment form Sri Vaasu VaadhyAr's input

" Dear Members,
 about this eclipse on 14th March, I heard that 28 Snake Panjangam also had
given a statement that there will be no eclipse effect arround south India.
And Shri Ue. Ve. Vaduvur Ganapaadigal also clarified 'there will be no
"Punya kaalam" to perform tharpanam, so need not worry about htis eclipse
and there is a physical group of vaideekas called 'vaidhika sri' at Alwarpet
had conducted a meeting regarding this and announced, finally, "we decided
that it is not necessary to do tharpanam for this eclips, but still we leave
the decision to the individuals according to their family Bruhaspathis"

NVS SWAMY ( Moderator , Vaideekam group: Vaideekam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx )

http://us.click.yahoo.com/lMct6A/Vp3LAA/i1hLAA/XUWolB/TM