You are here: SriPedia - Oppiliappan - Archives - Mar 2006

Oppiliappan List Archive: Message 00101 Mar 2006

Mar 2006 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

Friends,
I have a question about Medavakam Perumal Koil Hayagreeva that has
been featured in the gallary of beautiful pictures provided by SrI.
L.Sridhar.  Rather than Hayagriva, this looks to be Varahasvami
holding Bhudevi.  Please note that the Lord's nose does not look
"horse-like," when compared to the other pictures in the gallary.
Also, the Lord's face does not have other "horse-like" features, such
as ears on the the top of his head, rather than at the side.  He also
seems to be holding Bhudevi, based on the placement of the Lotus in
Her right hand, rather than the left hand.  If the Lord was
Varahasvami, then it would make sense for Him to be holding Bhudevi.

I am not trying to point out mistakes, but just honestly airing the
thoughts that came to mind while viewing the picture.  I hope that
someone can resolve my questions.

Regards,
Bob

http://us.click.yahoo.com/lMct6A/Vp3LAA/i1hLAA/XUWolB/TM