You are here: SriPedia - Oppiliappan - Archives - Mar 2006

Oppiliappan List Archive: Message 00112 Mar 2006

Mar 2006 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

SrimatE Raamaanujaaya Namaha //
SrimatE Nigamaanta Mahaa Desikaaya Namaha //
SrIman! SrI Ranga Sriyam anupadravam anudhinam Samvardhaya/
SrIman! SrI Ranga Sriyam anupadravam anudhinam Samvardhaya//
KAvEri VardhathAm kAlE, kAlE varshathu vAsava: /
SrI RanganAthO jayathu Sri Ranga Sri cha VardhathAm//
SRI RANGA SRI VOL.07 / ISSUE # 44 dated 16th March 2006
EDITORIAL

Dear Bhagavatas:

It gives me great pleasure to record that the first course of SV
classes comprising of 6 sessions was successfully completed. Almost
all the participants have now mastered the sequences of the
procedures and the Mantras associated in a short period of time.
They now feel happy that they have been piloted to the mainstream
and have vowed to continue doing Trikaala SV for the rest of their
lives.

All the credit goes to asmad Achaaryan, Srimad Andavan, Poundarika
puram Swami Asramam, Srirangam who is very strict in insisting on
the performance of SV and is the motive force behind this effort. I
had the Bhaagyam of informing him of the successful completion.
Naturally, he was extremely happy.

Many other aspirants have petitioned for the commencement of the
next session. Some have also desired starting of classes
for "Tiruvaaraadanam". We will try our best to accommodate them at
an early date. An announcement will be made as soon as the details
are finalized.
IN THIS ISSUE

1. IMPORTANT DAYS IN PANGUNI (MEENA) MONTH

2. SANDHYAA VANDANAM -? Part 2 - 5
FAQs AND THE SIGNIFICANCE OF VARIOUS OBSERVANCES IN CONNECTION
WITH "SANDHYAAVANDANAM"
(ANBIL RAMASWAMY)
The following questions have been answered

Q. 21. What is "Pancha katcham"? Why should we wear "Pancha
katcham"? What other practices are to be observed with reference to
dress codes while engaging in religious rites?
Q. 22. Is there any justification for the use of "paTTu" (silk)
and "ajina" (deerskin) tied to the Brahmachaari's "mounji" (girdle
made of a triple string of Munja-grass) etc. that obviously
involve "himsa" (injury to a living being)?
Q. 23. If plants have life, how can we pluck flowers, TuLasi, Darbha
etc that also involve "himsa"?
Q. 24. What is the difference between
Pavitram", "Koorcham" "Darbham", "Kusam" etc and what purposes do
they serve?
Q. 25.What is the purpose and significance of wearing "PooNool"?
Why do we wear it in different modes on different occasions?
Q. 26. Can we drink coffee? How about medicines? Are there any
guidelines in the matter of taking food?
ISSUES RELEASED
So far, 220 Regular issues of SRS have been released apart from
Special Issues:
27 Issues of Vol. 1
15 Issues of Vol. 2
42 Issues of Vol. 3
35 Issues of Vol. 4
28 Issues of Vol. 5
30 Issues of Vol. 6 and
43 Issues of Vol. 7

You may also view the archives at http://www.ibiblio.org/sripedia
maintained by Sri Srinivasan Sriram (ajiva_rts@xxxxxxxxx )

We strongly urge you to kindly peruse the "Regular Issues" archived
in the "Files" Section and view the Contents at "srsindex.html" (Not
the individual postings allowed for encouraging "Reader
participation").  We are sure that you will be convinced of the
quality of the contents.

IF you are satisfied with the quality and contents of "Sri Ranga
Sri"-
Tell your friends to join by sending an email to
Srirangasri-subscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

IF NOT: Tell us, as to how we may improve.
Ever at your service

Dasoham

Anbil Ramaswamy,
Editor & Publisher, "Sri Ranga Sri"
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

http://us.click.yahoo.com/lMct6A/Vp3LAA/i1hLAA/XUWolB/TM