You are here: SriPedia - Oppiliappan - Archives - Mar 2006

Oppiliappan List Archive: Message 00143 Mar 2006

Mar 2006 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

SrI:

Dear Members :

I have repeatedly drawn your attention ot the need for
respecting Intellectual rights , when it comes to making available
Tapes and Videos, DVDs that are produced with great expenses for
raising funds or sustaining a business .

Sriman Rajesh Mandayam's message  is timely and
appropriate rejoinder . As one who is involved in producing
number of VCDs and DVDs for Dhivya dEsa Kaimkaryam fund raisings
( Thiruvaheendhrapuram DevanAtha PerumAL's RathnAngi SamarpaNam ,
Mutthangi for ThAyAr at Srivilliputthur and many Sri Matam Kaimkaryams)
I fully support Sri Rajesh Mandayam's statement for respecting
imtellectual property rights.

I place recordings I have created like SandhyA Vandhanams
for Yajur , RG , Saama Vedhins in Oppiliappan archives or
Sripedia archives for wider dissemination . I could raise some funds
but I find the response is very poor some times and it takes a lot
of effort to copy them and mail them . Therefore , I place those
in the public arena . Some times devotees send in valuable funds
for a specific VaishNavite kaimkaryam .

Recently , I have added the entire Tamil book of mine about the Pancha
Rathna
Krithis of Saint Thyagaraja ( 350 plus pages) in PDF Format in
http://www.sadagopan.org   for easy  access . This was made possible
with the help of Srimans Anil and Sreenivas .Please access
the pages of the books under the Naama KusumAnjali link of
Sadagopan.org

We are now creating a special web site containing the treasures from
Sri VaishNavite literature as a special offering for our revered  AchAryan
during his Upcoming 80th Thirunakshathram on Nov 30 . Ten of us across
 8 to 16 time zones are jointly putting our shoulder together to make this
happen with AchAryan's blessings . The site address is :

http://www.sundarasimham.org

15 e-books have been completed sofar . 108 e-books is the target
for the site before Nov 30, 2006 , the day of SathAbhishEkam arrives
at Srirangam .

The intent here is for you all to visit the site , read the e-books and
print
and keep them for daily reference by yourselves , your family and friends .
AchArya Sri Sookthis and esoteric texts have been included there
to give a taste of some of the rich SampradhAyic texts in English
with Tamil and Sanskrit passurams and slOkams to go with the English
text .

This approach is quite different from using precious recordings of some one
without
permission and distributing them . Here  , we are asking you as the creators
of this VaishNavite data base to come and help yourself and know more about
our
precious sampradhAyam protected by our AchAryAs .

AchArya RaamAnujA's Millenium celebrations are approaching in the year 2017
C.E.
It is only 11 years away . We are active in preparing for this Millenium
celebrations
to bring together VaishNavites all over the world thru a major project
spanning
a few years . While we prepare ourselves , we will seek permission of owners
of intellectual property for permission and will be deliberate in our
approach.
If they consent , their work can reach out to Vaishnavites living abroad and
in India .

Please pray for success of these kaimkaryams to serve our great
and ancient SampradhAyam ,

Daasan , Oppiliappan Koil V.Sadagopan