You are here: SriPedia - Oppiliappan - Archives - Mar 2006

Oppiliappan List Archive: Message 00164 Mar 2006

Mar 2006 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

SrI:
SrImathE Gopaladesika mahadesikaya namah:
Dearest all,

Let us continue to enjoy AzhwArs wonderful verses on
Thiruvenkatamudiayaan.

BhakthAmrutham viswa janAnumodhanam
sarvArthatham Sri Satakopa Vaangmayam
sahasra SaakOpanishadh samAgamam
namAmyaham Draavida Vedha Saagaram

Meaning ): adiyEn salutes the ocean of Tamizh Vedam ,
which is of the form of Sri SaThakOpan's vaak
(speech/aruLiccheyalkaL). These are linked to the
thousand upanishads and includes in them all the deep
meanings (Taathparyams)of Tatthva-Hitha-PurushArthams
and artha Panchakam. They are nectar to the minds of
the devotees of Sriman NaarAyaNan and they enjoy it
with relish as aparyAthAmrutham [insatiable amirtham].

Today?s ThiruvEnkatam verse is: NammAzhwAr?s
Thiruvaaymozhi 3.3.1

ThiruvEnkadamudaiyaan (Lord VenkatesA) has offered
Himself in front of NammAzhwAr in the last Decad 3.1
of Thiruvaaimozhi. In this 3.2, AzhwAr requests the
Lord to grant him to perform an eternal kaimkaryam at
His Feet at TirumalA. IT IS AN EXCELLENT DECAD, PLEASE
READ them to be blessed by the AzhwAr and the Lord!

ozivil kaalamellaam udanaay manni,
vazuvilaa adimai seyya vENdum_naam,
theziku ral_aru vitthiru vEngadatthu,
ezilkoL sOthi enthaithanthai thanthaikkE TVM 3.3.1

The Emperumaan, The Most Beautiful, unbounded infinite
illustrious jOthi, my father?s father?s father; He
stands gracefully at TirumalA where the waterfalls
fall with thunderous noise; To such Emperumaan- Please
grant us the eternal servitude to perform all sorts of
limitless uninterrupted ceaselss faultless kaimkaryams
(servitude) at all times, under all situations.

[Sri Satakopan swami writes: The first Paasuram
starting with the words , "Ozhivil Kaalamellaam " is
considered the life breath of Sri VaishNava
Sampradhaayam . Pages and pages can be written about
it. This verse gets special attention from Swami
Desikan in the final chapter of Sri Rahasya Trya
Saaram. Swami Desikan concludes that  those who
respond to the Daya initiative of the Lord (of
Thiruvenkatam ) would be blessed with " Sarva Desa ,
Sarva Kaala , Sarva Avasthochita , Sarva Vidha
Kaimkaryas to the Lord ".

Dr .V.N. Vedantha Desikan's translation of this
magnificent verse is as follows : " We, I , my heart ,
all my circle of people, must go and stay close to the
Lord of Thiruvenkatam and also serve Him all the time
, without any gap, without a flaw, with no end in
mind,except the service; the Lord who is of beautiful
and brilliant form and who is the father of even our
forefathers , to whom alone we are bound to be
subservient ; the Lord who has taken the abode in the
hill resounding with the voices, as if it were, that
emanate from the falls and streams
that make the place lovely and livable . I would say
that this is the great goal of life that any one
should cherish to uphold avidly and unswervingly ."

The third decad focuses on the fact that Sriman
NarAyaNan , the means and the goal ( Upaaya Upeyan )
makes Himself easily  accessible to  bhakthAs through
His Archa Avathaaram. Through His Archa rupam
( presence at Temples as Consecrated Vigraham ) and
His Subhaasrayam (Subham+ Aasrayam = that which is
auspicious and is also within reach of meditation and
enjoyment ) , permits us to enjoy Him readily . This
is part of His Daya. He knows that His other states
such as Param , Vyuham, Vibhavam and Antharyaamitvam
are not easily approachable by mere mortals and hence
out of His Daya and Anukampa for us He makes Himself
available to us as ArchA rupi . He descends as it were
to our plane of grasp and enjoyment

AzhwAr ThiruvaDigaLE saraNam
Regards
Namo narayana