You are here: SriPedia - Oppiliappan - Archives - Mar 2009

Oppiliappan List Archive: Message 00061 Mar 2009

Mar 2009 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

SrI:

Dear Kamlesh :

TuLasi is the preferrd scred leave to perform Archani for PerumAL although MahA Lakshmi has
Bilva Nilayam . You will see the Tree at the North East on thre Banks of AhOrathra PushkaraNI in
Oppiliappan Sannidhi ( Hope it is still there , Some one can check this out and let us know). The Bilva Fruit is dried , hollowed and is used as the storing vessel for SrI ChUrNam by VaidhikAs.

There is a tradition of Using Bilva Leaves as one of the "pushpams" in the Pushpa Yaagam for
Padmavathi ThAyAr at ThirucchAnur . Rose, Lily , lotus, Jaaiji , Maruvam/vetti vEr, chAmanti , KanakAmbharam , Dhavanam , TULASEE, Mogili , Maasa Pathri are the others used in such
Pushpa Yaagam .

On Sri PadmAvati ThAyAr's birthday , Lord SrinivAsa senda baskets of TuLasi and Flowers to Her.

At ThirukkaNNa Puram , PerumAl has Rudra Vesham and recieves VibhUti .

Bilvam ( Fresh or in Gold) are otherwise exclusively used for Siva Poojai .
BilvAshtakam praises the glory of archana to SivapirAn.Sivan uses TuLasi to perform
archanai for His grandfather, Lord Sriman narayaNan .

V.Sadagopan