You are here: SriPedia - Oppiliappan - Archives - May 2005

Oppiliappan List Archive: Message 00012 May 2005

May 2005 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

Sri Parthasarathi thunai

Srimathe ramanujaya Namaha

Srimad Vara Vara munayE Namaha

Sri vAnAchala mahA munayE Namaha

Paasuram-39

“azhaippan thiruvEnkataththAnai kAna

 ezhaippan thirukoodal kooda- mazhaipEr

 aruvi maNivarandRi vandhizhiya yAnai

 veruvi aravodungum verppu”

Not being able to tolerate the sorry state of the ignorant jeevatmas suffering in samsAram, azhvar started advising them (parOpadEsam).  But now the beauty of emperuman and the divya desam (thiruvenkata hill) engulfed azhvar’s pity for the jeevatmas thereby immersing azhvar in the enjoyment of the beauty of emperuman and his divya desam.

(azhaippan thiruvEnkataththAnai) I will call the lord of seven hills.

Do you also call him like us for getting wealth, money, children and other wishes? Or do you call him to attain moksha like the jnanis?

(kAna) Not for both the above.  I will call him to enjoy his darshan with my eyes.  “govindarkOr kuRREval emmai piravi seiyAmE eni pOi seiyum tavaththAlen” Leaving the opportunity to enjoy his divine darshan here itself why should I take efforts to go to a moksha to attain his divine darshan.  When azhvar doesn’t even want moksha what to say about the other bhogas/pleasures.

(ezhaippan thirukoodal kooda) I will practice koodal for the purpose of reaching him.  Koodal means- first put a big circle.  Inside further put rounds. Then count the rounds two at a time if the final result is even, then our wish will be fulfilled.  This practice has been explained in the arumpadha vurai for nAchiyar thirumozhi-4.  With whom do you want to unite? ThiruvEnkataththAnai kooda (Union with thiruvenkatamudaiyan)

(mazhaipEr aruvi maNivarandRi vandhizhiya yAnai veruvi aravodungum verppu kooda thirukoodal ezhaippan) During the rainy season the big waves bring to shore number of glittering gems.  Mistaking the same to be firebrick the elephants run for safety similarly the snakes run to their shelter considering the gems to be lightning.  Otherwise, the elephants that fear seeing the gems run to safety and land up in entering the mouths of the snakes (malaipAmbu) that appear to be like the entrance of a cave.

I would like to attain that emperuman who resides in such a divya desam, declares azhvar.

(To Be Continued)

Azhvar emperumAnAr Jeeyer thiruvadigalE sharaNam

Adiyen ramanuja dAsee

Sumithra Varadarajan

Yahoo! Groups Links

Home Page