You are here: SriPedia - Oppiliappan - Archives - May 2006

Oppiliappan List Archive: Message 00057 May 2006

May 2006 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

SrImathE rAmAnujaya namaha:

Swamin adiyen namaskaram:

Adiyen was also there to witness the celebrations at SriPerumbudUr
of Srimath Ramanujar Jayanthi Uthsavam along with my family members.
Till 3.00 P.M. adiyen was there inside the Ramanuja avathaara mandapam
where thirumanjanam was about to start.

Before tirumanjanam, Srimath Ramanujar retuns back from thiruveedhi
ulaa through mAdaveedhi and enters inside the avataara mandapam, where
HE was well received by many bhagavathas. After that, the aabharanams
were removed from HIS thirumEni (now only with kaavi udai) and he
moves inside slowly into the avathAra mandapam room where cradle was
there.

Adiyen salutes the srIpaatham thAngis, for their kainkaryam in
bringing Srimath Ramanujar thAnugantha thirumEni in coherence with
nAthaswara thAla vAthyam (BhAvayAmi raghu rAmam, bhavya.....by
M.S.Subbulakshmi). It was very treatfull to the eyes of all the
bhagavathAs who witness that Swamy ezhuntharulal to avathAra mandapam.

Adiyen felt tears rolls down from eyes, as AcharyA gave this great
bhAgyam. Because, when adiyen was about to leave before watching this
event, one Swamin (very old) nearby us stopped and informed us to
watch this and then leave to our place. He also told that, Swami
Ramanuja will be treated as child and was given milk using chanku,
which was very gift to see through our eyes, which can not be experi
enced anywhere.

Since that day was HIS avathAra dinam, he was treated as child, he
enters into that mandapam where they allowed only few peoples
around 30-40 (adiyEn had the bhagyam of one among them). Then emperu
mAnAr gave darshan on cradle. Bhattars swing the cradle of child
rAmAnuja (now Acharya is treated as child) and then they offer
milk and butter to child AchArya. Before AchArya was on the cradle
HE was slowly taken round the cradle as like child walking slowly,
along with nAthaswaram music, by srIpAtham thAngis.

It took nearly half-an-hour inside the avathAra mandapam (a small
mandapam behind the stage where tirumanjanam will be held). Only
inside this a cradle was there. After the milk, butter neivEdhyam,
it was given as prasAdham to some of the bhAgavathAs there.(because
it's impossible to distribute milk,butter prasadham to entire crowd,
ofcourse Bhattars couldn't able to control the crowd in getting
child rAmAnuja prasAdham). Somehow adiyen could able to get the
butter, my parents could able to get milk which touched the lips of
AchAryan.

Then after sometime he was brought outside for tirumanjanam at the
stage. Then adiyen along with my family left for our home around 3.00
P.M. by remembering HIS great kArunyam towards his bhagavathAs. Adiyen
could able to share some of adiyens experiences on that day 02-May.

yO nithyamachyutha padhambhuja yuKmaruKma
vyAamOhathasthadhi tharAni thrunAya mEne!
asmathgurOr bhagavathOsya dhayigasinthO
rAmAnujasya saranou saranam prapathyE!!

adiyen,
senthil.b
(if theres any mistake adiyen will do thandam for that)

--- In Oppiliappan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "gopan" <yennappan@...> wrote:

> SrI:
>
> Dear AchArya Ramanuja BhakthAs:
>
> It is my pleasure to forward the mail from
> Sri Manoram Dasa , who is the key person
> for supervising the construction at SriperumbhUthUr
> sanitary facilities.
>
> From his description , one can see the value of the facilies
> in future for helping the vistors of SriperumbhUthUr
> abhimAna Sthalam .
>
> The latest tally shows that we have raised ( US+ Australia+
> India+ Kuwait ) 3.6 Laks of Rupees sofar.
>
> The cost estimate for the project completion is 4Laks of
> Rupees . It is our hope that the remaining funds will be
> raised soon and the construction will start in 2 to 3 days.
>
> My thanks on behalf of Srimans M.K.Sudarshan ,
> Sri Manoram Dasa to every one who have provided
> most welcome support to make this project possible.
>
> Ramanuja Dasan ,
> V.Sadagopan

Sriperumbuttur
> > on the 2nd of May at 3 pm from West Mambalam in a truck filled with
> > barrels of Sundal and lemon  rice  prasadam.
> >
> > We reached there around 4 pm and  the Thirumanjanam for Swami
Ramanuja was
> > just about to start. I handled the truck carrying prasadam and my
other
> > friends went inside the temple to take darshan.
> >
> > I went into the temple after they returned where the Thirumanjanam
was
> > being performed.  There were thousands of devotees witnessing the
grand
> > celebrations. Devotees were engrossed in Bhakti and were intently
watching
> > the various ceremonies being performed. Old or young, their eyes
were set
> > on the beautiful diety of Sri Ramanuja. The total mood was filled
with
> > reverence and bhakti.
> >
> > It was hot inside the manadapam and people were sweating due to
the heat.
> > There was no place to sit and many were standing and intently
watching the
> > celebrations. Despite the scorching heat and sweating, none had any
> > intention to move out of the mandapam until the thirumanjanam was
over and
> > gladly endured all the discomforts. At the time of Sripada tirtham
> > distribution, my friend overheard an old lady say that she had
been here
> > at sriperumbuttur for the past 10 days just to get receive the sacred
> > sripada tirtham of Swami Ramanuja.
> >
> > All dharmmashalas in sriperumbuttur were packed with the devotees
who had
> > come to witness the great festivities. Bhagavatha thadiyartanai
was going
> > on for last 10 days at all mandapas. Thousands of devotees were
being fed
> > with the sacred prasadam everyday. Many slept outside the temple
and the
> > dharmashala as the place was so overcrowded with devotees.
> >
> > Many devotees split into small groups performed the
namasamkirtanam in
> > praise of the Lord. Many chanted the several Divine names of Swami
> > Ramanuja; so much is their Acharya bhakti and attraction to the
divine
> > name of Swami Ramanujar. Every vaishnava present there spoke of the
> > greatness of Swami  Ramanujar. It was a real sight to observe several
> > vaishnava devotees walking all the way from their villages as they
had no
> > vehicles or funds to pay for their tickets.  It was so great to
know that
> > they did not care for external material discomforts. The darshanam of
> > Swami Ramanuja was their objective and nothing else made any
difference to
> > them.
> >
> > There were Katha kalakshepams going on in the temple premises.
Devotees in
> > small or large groups were engrossed in the various discussions
and the
> > glorious pastimes of Swami Ramanujar.
> >
> > After sometime our team of devotees began distributing lemon rice
and the
> > Sundal Prasadam. At the same time we served 150 litres of cold
butter milk
> > to several devotees gathered opposite the Ethiraja Jeeyar Matham. Our
> > services were over by 10 pm and we returned to Chennai by 11 pm
with a
> > great satisfaction of serving the vaishnavites at an appropriate
time on
> > the occasion of the Sri Ramanujacharya appearance day celebrations.
> >
> > Construction details: Our team is ready but, waiting for the
> > green signal from the temple authorities. Although we have officially
> > received a letter from the temple authorities and as the construction
> > would block usage of the existing toilets, they have requested our
team to
> > hold the construction work for a few days and that devotees would
be using
> > the existing 3 toilets.  We will most probably start construction
work in
> > about two to three days time.
> >
> > Dasanu dasan,
> > Manoram.

You can search right from your browser? It¿s easy and it¿s free.  See how.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/_7bhrC/NGxNAA/yQLSAA/XUWolB/TM