You are here: SriPedia - Oppiliappan - Archives - May 2006

Oppiliappan List Archive: Message 00099 May 2006

May 2006 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

Dear Devotees:
Have you heard about the place aappoor near
Singaperumalkoil.
This place is situated west of Singaperumalkoil at the
6th kilometer on S.P.Koil - Sriperumpudur Road.
The temple is situated on a hill.The temple can be
reached by climbing 500 steps.
There Lord Srinivasa is blessing us. The specialty of
this place is
as it is said that thayar is with him perumal is
dressed with saree
He is with abhayahastham unlike Tirupathi
Except temple and monkeys around it there is nothing.
Battachariar goes daily from Singaperumalkoil both in
the morning and evening and returns after daily
tirumanjanam and aradhanam.
Battachariar one Mr.Baskar taking special interest has
built steps with the help of visiting devotees. A
mandapam has also been built in front recently. He has
made silver kavachams also for perumal. Only moolavar
is there. It is said that Utsavar is in the village
near the hill.
Further there is big idol of paravasudevan in the
sitting posture with chank and chakra and one leg is
folded posture. But it is in the midst of the forest
beneath this hill on the other side of the hill. The
steps are on the Western side and the paravasudevan is
on the eastern side. It is difficult to go there.
Further there is a Lakshmipadam in a separate place on
the one side of hill.
It is said that this hill is full of herbals and
called aushada malai.It is believed that siddas and
rishis were doing penance on this hill.
The archa moorthi is very beautiful and graceful.If we
go there we can have a silent and calm chanting of
mantras without any disturbance and the place will
give peace of mind.
The interested person may contact Mr.Baskar
Archakar,Singaperumalkoil

After my visit before some three years I long for next
trip everytime and I used to go often.
Devotees in and around chennai who have not visited
this temple, they are really missing a good temple.
Due to this uphill task  many of our acharyas have not
gone there, to the best of my knowledge.

If anybody knows more about this temple they may share
with us.I will attach Perumal photo in my next letter
It is also said that there were villages and houses
around this hill once upon a time.
With regards dasan
s.rajagopalan

-rajagopalan