You are here: SriPedia - Oppiliappan - Archives - May 2006

Oppiliappan List Archive: Message 00167 May 2006

May 2006 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

Dear Sri Govindakrishnan,

  Very practically wise statement. Already the archaka community has started
opposing.

  The damage done by taking away the temples is not permanent. We can retrieve
the temples and restore them. The dikshidhars in Chidambaram fought a very
arduous battle up to the Supreme Court and finally emerged victorious.

  When Jayalalitha wanted to introduce Anna Dhan in Churches, the Christians
refused to accept it sayingg that it is against their principles. So they would
rather have investments by the Government in schools etc. They have the
audacity to decide what they take in charity. But when it to comes to Hindu
traditions, there is muteness whether temple money is spent on colleges,
hostpitals, annadhan or whether temple traditions are broken. When HR & CE does
not invest money in to temple protection why control temples?

  The current generation of Sri Vaishnavas should ask themselves : Do I have
the same genes of my forefathers who fought the muslim invasion and laid down
13000 lives in Sri Rangam?

  I am not against other communities becoming temple archakas if it is allowed
in the agamas and is in line with temple traditions. But we should not allow it
to happen if it is an act of aggression against us. It is our basic duty to
make sure that we defeat the move and let this move of inclusion be governed by
intelligent and learned practising traditional scholars.

  Best Regards
  Rajaram V.
   govindakrishnan alagar <alagar_g@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  Dear Memebers
  The Government of Tamil Nadu has approved the order to make any 'qualified'
person to become archaka. There is a long way to go, of course. First it needs
to be published and objections obtained from public. Then the
implementation.For that the Govt. has to find institutions to 'qualify'
'anyoneq' Questions as to where are such insitutions, 'who' will teach and
'what' are the qualifications. To do that the Govrnment as in other cases,
would form Commitee and everyone knows what happens to the Commitees and their
recommendations. Assuming recommendations do come, litigations on them are not
ruled out. When the question of which Thiruman should adore the elephant takes
ages in the Court one can imagine the web of legal battle on these issues. In
the meantime the Govt. will have a thousand other day to day problems to face
than to run after qualifiying 'anyone' for the job of the lacklusture
priesthood.
  At the end of the day, the malady lies in the temples being under the
Government. The day the HR and CE ministries were contemplated the wisemen like
Rajaji and others should have resisted and stopped that move. The damage has
been done and which ever Government comes here after, the issue would remain
alive for reasons other than real interest to implement. In the meantime the
existing practice would be continuing.
  Srivilliputtur Govindakrishnan Alagar

        Fund raising   Beliefs   Religion

http://us.click.yahoo.com/97bhrC/LGxNAA/yQLSAA/XUWolB/TM