You are here: SriPedia - Oppiliappan - Archives - May 2006

Oppiliappan List Archive: Message 00175 May 2006

May 2006 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

SrI:
SrImathE Gopaladesika mahadesikaya namah:
Dearest all,

Let us continue to enjoy the divine verses of AzhwArs
on ThiruvEnkatamudayaan. Today?s verse: NammAzhwAr
Thiruvaymozi 10.7.8

thirumaalirunchOlaimalaiyE
  thiruppaaR kadalE en_dhalaiyE
thirumaalvaikunthamE thaN
  thiruvEngadamE enathudalE
arumaa maayath thenathuyirE
  manamE vaakkE karumamE
orumaa nodiyum piriyaan en
  oozi muthalvan oruvanE.       10.7.8

Bhagawaan has desired my head (to place His Feet) as
much as He likes ThirumaalirunchOlai and
ThiruppaaRkadal. He has adored my body as much as He
adores Sri vaikuNtam and and Thirumala. But my jIvan
is completely intermingled with the inescapable
prakriti (material nature). (Such a lowly self am I; -
Still) Emperumaan can NOT bear being separated from
me-my jIvan, my body, my mind, my speech even for a
fraction of a second. (orumaanodiyum piriyaan ennoozhi
mudhalvan oruvanE). He alone is the Primordial Chief
and is the Creator of all beings- SarvEshwaran. (What
an Emperumaan! He likes my (material dirty) body as
much as He likes the Greatest Divya dEsams!)

AzhwAr praises EmperumAn?s quality of parathantrya
[dependence] on His devotees in this ten. Addressing
the poets, who want to enjoy and comprehend His guNAs,
AzhwAr says: you enjoy and understand His supremacy
[Parathvam]; but if you all involve yourself in
enjoying and immersing in His sowseelya and solwabhya
guNA, He will melt you completely. So, better stick to
His Parathvam and survive rather than being overtaken
by His sowseelyam..  [what an anubhavam!]

Azhwar sys: He entered into this prakritha
sareera[material body] and did samslesha at His chosen
place ThirumalirunchOlai. He experienced my soul; my
body and the ThirumalirunchOlai malai. The Lord has
blessed me to sing sweet verses and it is He who is
singing these verses on himself through me.. He is not
going to separate Himself from me. All this
[Ksheerabdi, Paramapadham, Venkatam etc..] was the
result of Lord approaching ThirumalirunchOlai; without
even caring for the filthiness and shortcoming of my
sareeram, He did samslesa and I requested Him to leave
this evil dirt body; The Lord did not choose to leave-
says AzhwAr. When The Lord did not leave, AzhwAr
persists; then Lord falls in line ? as summarized from
6000 padi [from Sri KRKrishnaswamy?s book on
Thiruvaymozhi]

Swamy Desikan?s Dramidopanishad Taatparya RathnAvaLi:
AzhwAe says that the Lord of ThirumaliruchOlai shows
extreme respect and consideration for the bodies of
His devotees [asrithars] since, (i) He is present,
having done amazing leelas, in asrithars? hearts; (ii)
He inspires them to chant and praise Him in their
heart and utter; (iii) He is spontaneous Swamy to
everyone; (iv) He is soul of all jeevathmas [sarva
bhoothas]; (v) He is being prayed to by Himself being
the soul of asrithars; (vi) He protects one and all
during praLaya by retaining them in stomach; (vii) He
is ever present in Ksheerabdhi, Paramapdham,
ThiruvEnkatam and asrithars heard / bodies; (viii) He
has rakshakathva and Swamithva over all of us..

AzhwAr ThiruvaDigaLE SaraNam
Regards
Namo narayana
dAsan