You are here: SriPedia - Oppiliappan - Archives - May 2008

Oppiliappan List Archive: Message 00115 May 2008

May 2008 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

Sri:
Adiyen is extremely happy that at SriPerumputhur the toilet facilities are well utilised by the pilgrims. But we have a very bitter experience. To redress the grievances of visiting pilgrims, the local panchayath itself built toilets very near to the Temple here (Just a few yards before the Temple Gopuram) and the president is very particular in maintaining it very clean He even spends from his pocket. An employee is there from  5AM to 7PM and collects Rs.1/ from the pilgrims. But the visiting pilgrims prefer to spoil the surroundings of the temple only. The temple staff and local public have always a tough time to drive them to the toilets which many of the tourists, most of them village folks, never head to.And so, the experience at Sripermputhur is really heartening to note.
dasan,
T.Raguveeradayal

SrI:

Dear BhakthAs :

It is my pleasure to share with you

the mail from SrI Manoram Chaitanya

Dasa of Chennai , who supervised

the important Kaimkaryam of providing

Sanitary Facilities at Sri PerumbhUthUr

for sevArthees the year round in general

and pilgrims during the AchArya RaamAnujA's

BrahmOtsavam in particular at

SrIperumbhUthUr .

The devotees of AchArya RaamAnuja from

Kuwait , India and USA raised the funds needed to

create these modern sanitary facilities . We are happy to know

that the facilities are welcomed by all , natives

and visitors alike after an year's existence .

Daasan , Oppiliappan Koil V.Sadagopan