You are here: SriPedia - Oppiliappan - Archives - Aug 1999

Oppiliappan List Archive: Message 00062 Aug 1999

>Sri:
>
>SrimatE Gopaladesika MahadesikAya Namaha,>
>Translation of Paaduka Sahasram by U.Ve. Sri V.N. Vedanta Desikan
>Swamin
>
>60. JagajjananarakshaNakshapaNasamginO rangiNa:
> pavitrathamamAdriyE Bhagavatha: padatradvayam
> shivatvakaraNakshamAtridhivasinDhusambhanDhinam
> praDhAvya charaNam nijam praNidhaDhAthi yatra praBhu:
>
>The Lord Ranganatha, performing the three fold role (of creation,
>protection and termination of the worlds) places His feet (which
>once generated the holy Ganga, which conferred an auspiciousness on
>Siva)into the Paadukas only after washing the feet. To such holiest
Paaduka, I cling!

>Namo Narayana,
>Adiyen,SriMuralidhara Dasan

Notes by V.Sadagopan (V.S)
***************************

(1)Sri UtthamUr Swamy's anubhavam:Swami Desikan says here:
" adiyEn salutes with affection and receive on my head
the holy PaadhukhAs , which adorn the feet of the Lord ,
who creates , protects and dissolves the Universes.
The greatness of the PaadhukhAs are inferred from the fact
that He washes His feet before adorning the PaadhukhAs .
Our Lord's feet have already rendered holy the waters
used by Brahmaa to wash His feet during the ThrivikramAvathAram .
His PaadhukhAs are the holiest since He does not get into
them without washing His feet out of His reverence for
the PaadhukhAs.

(2)Srimadh Andavan's anubhavam: As one of the Thiruvadi
of the Lord extended towards Brahma Lokam ,BrahmA washed
those feet wiht his kamandalu jalam , which got sanctified
to become the sacred GangA.Sivan received those waters
on His head and became endowed with sivam ( auspiciousness).
Sri RanganAthA known for such sacred Thiruvadi washes His feet
first before adorning the PaadhukhAs because of their
highest holiness.

(3)Swami Desikan reverentially states here: " RangiNa:
PAVITHRATAMAM padhathra dhvayam aadhriyE "( AdiyEn
takes refuge in those supremely holy paadhukhais
of the Lord).Our Lord's sacred feet is described
by Swami Desikan as " Sivathva karaNa Kshama
Thrividhasindhu sambhandhi" ( The sacred feet of
the Lord is understood as the cause of creation of
the auspiciousness in Sivan through sambhandham with
the sacred river GangA ).Those supremely sacred
Thiruvadi of His is washed by the Lord before
adorning His holy Paadhukhais....V.S

Swami Desikan ThiruvadigaLE SaraNam ,
Oppiliappan Koil Varadachari Sadagopan

Home Page