You are here: SriPedia - Oppiliappan - Archives - Jan 2000

Oppiliappan List Archive: Message 00205 Jan 2000

Jan 2000 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

>Sri:
>SrimatE Gopaladesika MahadesikAya Namaha,>
>Translation of Paaduka Sahasram by U.Ve. Sri V.N. Vedanta Desikan
>Swamin:
>
>141. adIshtE pAdukA sA mE yasyA: sAktavAsibhi: !
>anvayavyatirEkAbhyAmanmIyata vaibhavam !!
>
>THAT PAADUKA is my topmost Goddess - whose greatness was
>correctly inferred by the people of Ayodhya in the sense that when
>Paaduka ruled, all in the nation was good and auspicious; and when
>Paaduka was not the ruler, all went amiss.
>
>Namo Narayana,
>SriMuralidhara Dasan

Special Notes by V.Sadagopan (V.S):
************************************

(1)The Sixth paddhathi deals with the acceptance
of Paadhukai to take over the rulership of
the Kingdom of Uttara Kosalam .Swamy Desikan
decribes this event in 40 SlOkams in this paddhathi
known as "AdhikAra Parigraha Paddhathi".AdhikAra
means superintendence or watching over administrative/
religious duties . Parigraha means to accept or
assume. The assumption of duties as the ruler of
AyOdhyA by the Sri Raama Paadhukais is the topic
of this chapter ... V.S

(2)Sri UttamUr Swamy's anubhavam:
*******************************

Swamy Desikan is celebrated as a lion among
the logicians ( ThArkika simham ) . In this
slOkam, Swamy Desikan uses the rules of logic
known as anvayam (natural order of words in
a sentence) and Vyathirekam (dissimilarities)
to prove the greatness of the Lord's PaadhukAs.
Here Swamy says that the very same PaadhukAs ,
whose glory was inferred through anvaya and
Vyathireka techniques by the citizens of AyOdhyA
are his supreme Goddess.

(3)Srimath Andavan's anubhavam:
********************************

When Paadhukais resided in AyOdhyA with
Lord RamachandrA , it was like an uthsavam
at the city. When the Paadhukais left the city
to accompany the Lord , the sufferings of
the people of AyOdhyA were immense. When PaadhukA
returned to AyOdhyA with Bharathan , the joy of
the citizens knew no bounds. Thus the Citizens
of AyOdhyA recognized that the glory of
the Paadhukais was intimately associated with
the prabhAvam of the paadhukais alone .The inner
meaning is that one does unsAsthraic acts
prior to seeking the sacred feet of a sadAchAryan.
After taking refuge at the holy feet of his
SadAchAryan, the ame person shines like a Nithyasoori.
Therefore ,all the glories of the prapannan is solely
due to the grace of the AchAryans .

(4) Swamy says " yasyA: Vaibhavam anvaya VyathirEkAbhyAm
anvameeyatha ". The Vaibhavam that arises due to
the presence of Paadhukais is the anvayam . The Vaibhavam
that becomes extinct as a result of the absence of
the Paadhukais is VyathirEkam .The citizns of AyOdhyA
guessed correctly the relationship between the Vaibhavam
or otherwise resulting from the presence or absence of
the Lord's Paadhukais ....V.S

left AyOdhyA to accompany
the Lord to the jungle ,

Home Page