You are here: SriPedia - Oppiliappan - Archives - Nov 2002

Oppiliappan List Archive: Message 00812 Nov 2002

Sri:

SrimatE Gopaladesika MahadesikAya Namaha,

Translation by U.Ve. Dr. V.N. Vedanta Desikan Swamin:

637. nissImapankamalinam hrudhayam madhIyam
nAThasya rangavasathEraDhirODumicChO
mathAsthavaIva sahasA maNipAdharakshE!
mukthAmshava: sPhatikasoUDhathulAm nayanthi

Oh Mother Manipaaduka! My heart is tainted with an endless filth;
nevertheless the Lord Ranganatha is intent on ascending it to reside
thereat. Then it is Your splendid pearl-light that converts this
heart of mine into a crystal mansion to befit the Lord.

Namo Narayana,

SriMuralidhara Dasan

Special Notes by V.Sadagopan (V.S):

SlOkam 637

1) UtthamUr Swamy's anubhavam: Oh Gem-bedecked PaadhukE! Oh Mother!
You remove all the limitless blemishes in my mind through the rays
from Your pearls and transform my mind in to a clear crystal palace.
Your help purifies my mind and makes it a well lit palace fit
for Your Lord's residence .

2) SrImath Andavan's anubhavam: The inner meaning is that
even the most blemish-filled minds can become purified ,
when they comprehend the true meaning of Swamy NammAzhwAr's
paasurams with the anugraham of a SadAchArya.

3) Oh Gem-bedecked PaadhukE with the compassion of
a Mother (Maatha: MaNi PaadhukE)! The lustre from the pearls
adorning You are limitless( Tava MukthAmsava: nisseema:).
My heart/mind is full of dirt arising from the mud of
accumulated vaasanAs ( MadhIyam panka malinam hrudhayam).
Your illustrious lustre from Your pearls fall on me
and cleanses all of the dirt of dhurvAsanAs and transforms
my mind immediately to the status equal to that of
an upparikai fit for the residence of Your Lord ,
SrI Ranganathan ( RangavasathE: sphaDika soudha thulAm
sahasA nayanthi) --- (V.S)

Home Page
http://www.ibiblio.org/sripedia
oppiliappan-subscribe@yahoogroups.com