You are here: SriPedia - Oppiliappan - Archives - Jun 2004

Oppiliappan List Archive: Message 01094 Jun 2004

Jun 2004 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

Sri:

SrimatE Gopaladesika MahadesikAya Namaha,

Translation by U.Ve. Dr. V.N. Vedanta Desikan Swamin:

909. lakshmInUpurashinjithEna guNitham nAdham thavAkarNaya-
     nnijiGhrannigamAnthaganDhathuLasIdhAmOthThitham soUraBham
     kAlE kuthrachidhAgatham karuNayA sArDham thvayA chAgratha:
     pashyEyam maNipAdhukE! paratharam padhmEkshaNam dhaIvatham

Oh Manipaaduka! My last moment may occur at any time and place. Be
that as it may. You will please enable me to envision at that moment:

The lotus-eyed Lord with Mahalakshmi, who comes to my location with
the conjunction of the jingling anklet sound and Your melody; that my
ears
would relish to hear;

With the fragrance of the Tulasi garland enhanced in its property
with the Vedantic odour, that my nose will cherish;

These all being supreme; the Lord being Supreme-most.

May I envision that 'Paratara Daivata'!

Namo Narayana,

SriMuralidhara Dasan

Special Notes by V.Sadagopan (V.S):

SlOkam 909

1. UtthamUr  Swamy's anubhavam:Swamy Desikan expresses his personal
wish to PaadhukAs in this verse .He says: " Oh MaNI PaadhukE ! During
my last
moments of life on this earth , I beg You to come to me with MahA
Lakshmi and
Her Lord. May I have the blessings of hearing Your delectable sounds
due to Your
approach along with that that of MahA Lakshmi's ankle bells ?
Immediately , those
sounds will remind me of the auspicious sounds of Vedic recitations .
The fragrance of
TuLasi from Your Lord's feet should also become available to me ,
once the fragrance of
VedAs reach my senses. When I sense the approach of Your Lord ,
Yourself ,
MahA Lakshmi and Her Lord should become transparent to my eyes. The
divine couple
and Yourself  should bless me and put my mind to rest and set me on
my way
to Srivaikuntam .

2. SrImath Andavan's anubhavam:Here is another request to the
Paadhukais
from Swamy  Desikan for His anthima kaalam ( Last moments of His
life ).
Oh PaadhukE ! During my last moments on this earth , Please bless me
to have the experience of listening to Your Naadham as You approach
mingled with those of the nAdham from the ankle bells of MahA Lakshmi
arriving with Her Lord towards me ! May I smell the fragrance of holy
TuLasi
worn by Your Lord with eyes reminding us of the beautiful lotus
flower
( " KamapyAsam PuNDareekAksham " ,  a lakshaNam of His Supermacy
as Para Devathai ).

3. Oh PaadhukE ! Let me have the blessings of hearing Your sunAdham
amplified by the sunAdham of MahA Lakshmi's ankle bells during my
last
moments ( Lakshmee Noopura sinjithEna guNitham Tava Naadham
aakarNayan) . Let me be blessed to enjoy the TuLasi with its Vedic
fragrance during those moments ( NigamAntha gandha TuLaseedhAma
uTTitham sourabham aajigran) . May I be blessed to have the
SoubhAgyam of
the darsanam of  the Para VaasudEvan with MahA Lakshmi and Yourself
in front of me ( aham kuthrachith kaalE KaruNayA ThayA cha saardham
agratha:
aagatham parataram PadhmEkshaNam Dhaivatham pasyEyam )...(V.S).

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Z1wmxD/DREIAA/yQLSAA/XUWolB/TM