You are here: SriPedia - Oppiliappan - Archives - Jul 2004

Oppiliappan List Archive: Message 01124 Jul 2004

Jul 2004 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

Sri:

SrimatE Gopaladesika MahadesikAya Namaha,

Translation by U.Ve. Dr. V.N. Vedanta Desikan Swamin:

951. prapadhyE pAdhukAm dhEvIm paravidhyAmiva Svayam
        yAmarpayathi dhInAnAm dhayamAnO jagadhguru:

The great First Acharya, the Lord Ranganatha, had
furnished the Paaduka as a Supreme Vidya, as a path
for Moksha; this path has been specially appropriate
to poor pitiable persons with little equipment of any
type; the Lord has provided it in His great grace.
That Paaduka Devi I cling to as my sure means of
salvation.

Namo Narayana,

SriMuralidhara Dasan

Special Notes by V.Sadagopan (V.S):
Introduction to NirvEdha Paddhathi :

This is the 31st of the 32 Paddhathis of SrI RanganAtha
PaadhukA Sahasram and has 20 powerful slOkams
embedding deep SrIvaishNava Tatthvams .

After describing the glories of the Paadhukais of the Lord
in words and geometrical patterns ( Chithrams) , Swamy
Desikan laments now over the time that he lost sofar in chasing
pursuits other than dedicating himself to the worship of
the Paadhukais . He asserts here that He is clear now about
the power of the Paadhukais to confer the Moksha Sukham .
He states that the Paadhukais are His Supreme Knowledge
( Para VidhyA ).

Until now , Swamy  Desikan eulogized the many Vaibhavams of
the Lord's Paadhukais (viz)., Swamy NammAzhwAr . The Paadhukais
were pleased and appeared before the mind's eye of Swamy  Desikan
and filled Him with the delectable anubhavam of their Asccharya
Roopa, Svaroopa and GuNa  vyApArams . The Paadhukais blessed Swamy
Desikan with visEsha Tatthva Jn~Anam and ananyArha Sesha Vrutthi
( the way of sole servitude to the Paadhukais ) .The Paadhukais
chased away all obstacles to such sEsha Vrutthi and displayed
matchless soulabhyam ( ease of access ) and souseelyam .
Swamy  Deikan was inundated with that BrahmAnandham of
mingling with the merciful Paadhukais & the Lord and felt that He was
enjoying the anubhavam that one enjoys at SrI Vaikuntam
performing Nithya Kaimakryam to the Lord  there. This mental
visualization suddenly disappeared and Swamy  Desikan was left with
the physical visualization of the ArchA roopam of the Paadhukas of
the Lord. His experience of indescribable bliss concluded now.He was
reminded harshly about his lot among the kumathis ( people with false
knowledge)and Bhagavath vimukhAs (  who are indifferent to the
Lord ). He became worried about the terrible effects of the pancha
Indhriyams over him and the power of Kaama-KrOdhams and other adverse
guNams.Swamy Desikan now attained a state of dejection and
despondency like Swamy  NammAzwAr expressed in ThiruvAimozhi about
the hopelessness of His lot as a Nithya SamsAri. Although Swamy
Desikan and Swamy NammAzhwAr are evolved souls, who had conquered all
the above adversities , they empathized  with the lot of SamsAris and
enacted the sufferings of the Nithya samsAris to illustrate the
lowliness of the SamsAric way of life .

1) UtthamUr Swamy's anubhavam : I recognize the PaadhukAs as the
means for Moksham. They represent the true knowledge about the ways
to achieve Moksham and serves therefore as Para VidhyA . The Lord ,
the teacher of all teachers, has given to us the PaadhukAs out of His
compassion for us helpless beings. Adorning the PaadhukAs on our
heads is the way to Moksham is the upadEsam of Swamy Desikan .

2) SrImath Andavan's anubhavam: Swamy  Desikan laments that
the Paadhukais acted as though they were saving him and abandoned
him however to suffer in samsAram  . Swamy addresses the Paadhukais
sorrowfully about its neglect  and begs for its grace to save him
from the horrors of SamsAram in  amood of nirvEdham
(Despair and sorrow ) . Oh PaadhukE ! Your Lord has shown
the two UpAyams of Bhakthi yOgama nd Prapatthi yOgam
to lift the suffering samsAris from the terrible ocean of SamsAram.
You have been assigned to come to the rescue of SamsAris by
Your Lord. While that is the case , how can you abandon me and
look at me in this amused mode ? What can I do over Your
indifference? Is it fair for You to act like this ? Therefore , I
perform Parapatthi once more to You and seek You as my refuge.Please
remove fully the bonds of SamsAram  and grant me the Parama
PurushArTam of Moksham instead of the temporary and fleeting
experience of Your guNams through Maanasa SaakshAthkAram .

3) Swamy  Desikan performs direct SaraNAgathy before
the Paadhukais : " DEveem PaadhukAm PrapadhyE ". He
reminds the Paadhukais that its merciful Lord , who is
the Universal AchArya , has created the routes of Bhakthi
and Prapatthi for our salvation .  He has annointed You , His
PaadhukAs , to a status equal to that of Para VidhyA
( Jagath Guru: DayamAna: Svayam dheenAnAm
ThvAm PaadhukA DEveem ParavidhyAmiva arpayathi)....(V.S) .

http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/XUWolB/TM