You are here: SriPedia - Oppiliappan - Archives - Jul 2004

Oppiliappan List Archive: Message 01126 Jul 2004

Jul 2004 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

Sri:

SrimatE Gopaladesika MahadesikAya Namaha,

Translation by U.Ve. Dr. V.N. Vedanta Desikan Swamin:

953. parivarthayithA pithAmahAdhIn
     thvamivAnanthamasoU vahathyanEhA
     aGhunApi na shoUripAdhukE! thvAm
     anaGhAlambanamaBhyupaIthi chittham

Oh Lord's Paaduka! Infinite Time has passed from immemorial
beginning, many Brahma-incumbents have come and gone and time goes
on,-as You go on bearing the Lord! But I remain just like this. Oh
Alas! I have not yet learnt to perfect my heart for a meditation,
clinging to You as a good auspicious prop!

Namo Narayana,

SriMuralidhara Dasan

Special Notes by V.Sadagopan (V.S):

Slokam 953

1) UtthamUr Swamy's anubhavam: Swamy Desikan dwells on
the timeless service that the PaadhukAs do for the Lord such as
supporting the Lord , taking Him on His rounds. He calls those
services Ananta vAhanam in contrast to vahanam , which means
passage of time of specific duration . He says: " Oh Lord's PaadhukE !
Time rolls on and ends the reign of BrahmAs , even if they rule for a
very, very long  time. Even their reigns have a finite time elements
built into them. Your rule in contrast has no time boundary . You
perform Your endless service to the Lord without any interruption
across the time scale. May I be blessed with the type of eternal
service that You do from now on, even if my mind has not reached out
to You so far as my blemish-free companion?

2) SrImath Andavan's anubhavam:Oh PaadhukaE with MahA Vaathsalyam
towards bhaddha Jeevans ! Over countless aeons (Brahma Kalpams ) ,
You create  innumerable jeevans ( give new bodies to them after
PraLayam, when they were in a sookshma state) and wait patiently to
see if those embodied Jeevans will now comprehend Your and Iswara
Tatthvams to become liberated from their bound states ( Bhaddha
dasai to Muktha Dasai ). For fulfilling that goal, You carry Your
Lord on Your back so that the embodied Jeevans can have
His darsanam and get uplifted  to perform SaraNAgathy at
His sacred feet . Alas ! these Jeevans due to their load of
sins do not take advantage of Your krupA and go round and round
in the  whirlpool of SamsAram and Time ( Kaala PravAham) .
They miss to recognize You and are lost in SamsAric afflictions.

I am aslo one of those Paapis , who has been immersed in
the terror-striking waters of SamsAric ocean and have lost you
until now. Now I recognize that You have blessed me  as
an excuse for a small good deed that I might have done
regarding Bhagavath-BhAgavatha Kaimkaryams  and given me
the intellect to enjoy You ( BhOgyathA Buddhi) and thereby long for
a status , where I can completely cast aside the ruchi for transient
SamsAric pleasures and be immersed in uninterrupted dhyAnam
about Your roopam , Svaroopam and GuNams. Alas ! My mind
however does not stay put in such dhyAnams due to the burden
of my  Paapa Raasis . What a Pity ?

3) Oh Souri PaadhukE ! The time cycle of that great grandfather ,
Brahma Devan creating innumerable embodied souls is almost
endless  . Your time of service to Your Lord  however is endless
( PitAmahAdheen parivarthayithA asou anEhA  Thvamiva anantham
vahathi). Even after all these times , my poor mind does not stay
firm in meditating on Your glories to gain salvation ( adhunA api
chittham anaga aalamBanam ThvAm na abhyupaithi) ...(V.S)

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Z1wmxD/DREIAA/yQLSAA/XUWolB/TM