You are here: SriPedia - Oppiliappan - Archives - Aug 2004

Oppiliappan List Archive: Message 01136 Aug 2004

Sri:

SrimatE Gopaladesika MahadesikAya Namaha,

Translation by U.Ve. Dr. V.N. Vedanta Desikan Swamin:

961. acChEdhyayA viShayavAgurayA nibaDdhAn
     dhInAn janArdhanapadhAvani! sathpaThasThA
     prAya: kramENa BhavathI parigruhya moULoU
     kAlEna mOchayathi na: krupayA sanAThA

Oh Lord's Paaduka! We are pitiable in that we are caught in the snare
of senses, that is difficult to be cut off except by the Lord. You
descend on our heads, when the appropriate time comes; down from the
upper sky, descending on us, in order, on every one in a row; thereby
elevate us, drawing us out. (Placement of Sataari on the heads in a
row in a shrine is implied.)

Namo Narayana,

SriMuralidhara Dasan

Special Notes by V.Sadagopan (V.S):

1). UtthamUr  Swamy's anubhavam: Oh PadhukAs of JanArdhana !
We are caught up in a net , whose meshes can not be cut by any one
than You . We are helpless and stuck in that net of material things.
Out of Your compassion , You grab us by our hair from Your location
in
the sky and pull us out step by step out of the cruel net and rescue
us.
( Swamy  Desikan implies that the Paadhukais pull the SamsAris
by the hair of their heads , just as an obstretician pulls the child
out of
a mother's womb and releases it ).

2) Oh JanArdhana PaadhukE! Sad inded are our lot , which longs
for the grief causing bonds of samsAram and the evanescent material
pleasures and beg for more of these same alpa sukhams . In this
matter ,
we are like a fish caught up in the strong net of samsAram and feel
trapped . Oh PaadhukE , who is engaged in nivrutthi mArgam always
take pity on us and decide on pulling us out of our miserable state.
You decide to adorn our heads in PerumAL sannidhi and slowly
pull us out of the net of samsAram. It is sad indeed to enjoy
the pleasures of SamsAram , when You and Your Lord strive
so hard to help us . ( The word JanArdhana is chosen by
Swamy  Desikan since the ardha sabdham of JanArdhanan
has three meanings : Ardha-peeDAyAm : one who engages
the Janam in SamsAram (2) ardha-gathou: One who directs
the Janam and (3) ardha-yAchanE : one who is approached by
the janams for boons of all kinds ).

3) Oh JanArdhana PaadhukE ! You are the One , who moves us
to nivrutthi mArgam ( SathpaTasthA ) . You become filled with
DayA for us ( Bhavathee krupayA sanATA ) and gradually
release us , the suffering ones ,  from the net of samsAric bonds
quickly by grabbing us by our hair ( Bhavathee dheenAn na: mouLou
parigruhya kramENa kAlEna mOchayathi prAya:). We were stuck before
in the difficult to cut net (bonds ) of vishaya sukhams ( acchEdhyA
vishaya
vAgurayA nibhaddhAn dheenAn mOchayathi)...(V.S).

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Z1wmxD/DREIAA/yQLSAA/XUWolB/TM