You are here: SriPedia - Oppiliappan - Archives - Sep 2004

Oppiliappan List Archive: Message 01181 Sep 2004

Sep 2004 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

Sri:

SrimatE Gopaladesika MahadesikAya Namaha,

Translation by U.Ve. Dr. V.N. Vedanta Desikan Swamin:

1006. pruThukavadhanashanKhasparshanIthyA kadhAchith
          shirasi vinihithAyA: svEna BhUBnA thavaIva
          sthuthiriyamupajAthA manmuKhEnEthyaDhIyu:
          paricharaNaparAsthE pAdhukEpAsthadhOShA:

Reliable critics are those who are Your pious servants. They will
readily accept my explanation as regards the origin of this work.
Just as the Lord's touching the cheek of Dhruva, a young child, was
adequate to make him compose verses of praise, the Lord had His
Paadukas sit on my head. That was enough!

Namo Narayana,

SriMuralidhara Dasan

Special Notes by V.Sadagopan (V.S):

SlOkam 1006

1) UtthamUr Swamy's anubhavam:Oh PaadhukE ! Lord NaarAyaNa touched
the cheek of child DhruvA, who was in deep meditation about Him .
Dhruvan got empowered by that divine contact to compose a brilliant
eulogy on Your Lord, even if he was a mere untutored child.
Similarly, this PaadhukA Sahasram of mine originated from the mere
resting of You on my head. This composition is therefore a direct
result of Your glory and power. This is how the righteous people
devoid of attachment (raagam ) and malice (asooyA ) think about how
it came about. That is the way  future generations should think.

2) SrImath Andavan's anubhavam: Oh PaadhukE ! You may ask how people
can believe my attribution of authorship of this sthOthram to You .
adiyEn will give an answer to that query in a credible manner with
praNAmams. There are many eye witnesses to the incident, when
ArchakAs as the representatives of Lord RanganAthA placed You on my
head for an extended period of time. It is well accepted that Lord
during His archAvathAram reveals His commands through His archakAs (
archaka mukhEna niyamanam ). Your Lord seems to have commanded me to
acquire dhivya Jn~Anam and Vaak to eulogize You through You like He
blessed once before child Dhruvan to have the Jn~Anam to eulogize
Him. At that time, Your Lord blessed Dhruvan with dhivya Jn~Anam by
touching the cheek of that child with His Paanchajanyam. Similarly,
Your resting on my head due to YOur Lord's comment is the hethu for
the birth of this eulogy about You and composed by You.

3) Oh PaadhukE ! Your resting on my head resulted in the visEsha
Jn~Anam just as Paanchajanya sparsam led to the blossoming of dhivya
Jn~Anam for the child Dhruvan ( PruTuka vadhana Sanka sparsa reethyA
iyam sthuthi: upajAthA ithi ). At the time of Your Lord approving
the creation of this sthuthi about You, He had commanded His
archakAs to place You on my head so that Your mahimai can enter into
me to construct this poem about You with me as a mere instrument to
execute His command (kadhAchith sirasi vinihithAyA: Tava svEna
bhUmnA yEva manmukhEna iyam sthuthi: upajAthA ). This is how the
great ones engaged in Kaimkaryams to You and known for their freedom
from any kind of blemishes  would comprehend the origin of this
Kaavyam ( apAstha dhOshA: ParicharaNaparA : Santha: svEna bhUmnA
yEva manmukhEna upajAtha ithi adheeyu: )...(V.S).

http://us.click.yahoo.com/J8kdrA/y20IAA/yQLSAA/XUWolB/TM