You are here: SriPedia - Oppiliappan - Archives - Nov 2003

Oppiliappan List Archive: Message 00107 Nov 2003

AchArya hridhayam 186

dhivya dhESam= thirup pEar nagar=appak kudathAn
pAsuram= "thirumAlirunjOlai malai enRean enna, thirumAl vandhu en nenju
niraiyap pugundhAn" thiru voizh mozhi 10-8
attribute= swAmithwam;

Text: "angEkarikka avagAsam pArkum swAmitham, perunagarilE pEar peRRadhu"
renowned in this dhivya dhEsam.
Consiously or unconsciously, the souls actions and deeds which are not intended
, are counted as good deeds - puNNiyam- and as an effect the soul is
acknowleded and selected for salvation.
The first pAsuram of thiru voizh mozhi 10-8 " thiru mAlirunjOlai malai enRean
enna, thirumAl vandhu en nenju niraiyap puguandhAn".AzhwAr mentioned '
thirumAlirunjOlai' and immediately emperumAn filled Himself into the heart of
AzhwAr.

This aspect of deeming the actions/deeds, though unintended, is termed as madi
mAngAi idudhal.
en vOrai sonnAi- You have spelt my dhivya dhesam
en pErai sonnAi- you have mentioned my name.
you gave shelter to my devotees, you circumscribed my temple - though for some
other purpose are some of the deeds which emperumAn deems as a puNNiyam. This
aspect of madi mAngai ittu acknowledging the soul for retrieving them is
highlight of this dhivya dhESam.
Why then this is termed as swAmithwam?
swAmithwam is the quality of possessing and protecting ones belongings. The
soul belongs to emperumAn and when He intends to repossess his belonging
to His abode, the attribute of swAmithwam blossoms.
vAnamAmalai padmanabhan

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor