You are here: SriPedia - Oppiliappan - Archives - Nov 2003

Oppiliappan List Archive: Message 00156 Nov 2003

SrI:

  Dear Swamy Desika BhakthAs:

  Today , we will study the  Four Paasurams of
  Para Matha Bhangam of PrasthAvanAdhikAram
  dealing with Jeeva and achEthana TatthvAdhikArams .
  There are two paasurams for each of the two subjecs:
  ChEthanam and achEthanam .

  157) Chastisement of the Para Mathams that confuse even the VivEkis
  chitthum achitthum IRayumenat-teLivuRRu ninRa
     tatthvam moonRum tanittani kaattum tani maRayAl
  mutthi vazhikku ithu moolam yenat-tuNivArkaLayum
     katthi mayakkum kathakarai nAmm kadihinRanamE

  (Meaning): VedAntha Saasthrams define distinctly the individual
  Svaroopams and SvabhAvams of the three tatthvams : ChEthanam ,
  achEthnam and Iswaran . VivEkis ( those with discriminating intellect )
  clearly understand these distinctions. They also know that this
  understanding about the Tatthva Thrayams is the basis of  gaining
  MOksham. We , who have been blessed with AchArya UpadEsam ,
  condemn those prathivAdhis , who enchant even these vivEkis
  with their ensnaring and loud arguments .

  158) Removal of doubts about the three kinds of Jeevans
  mutthin vadangaL yena Mukundhan punai moovahayAm
     chitthil arum suruthi .c-chevvai mARiya sinthaihaLAl
  patthil iraNDu meykkap-pahattum para vAdhiyar tamm
      katthil vizhunthu adainthaa-avazhukkuinRu kazhaRRinamE

  (Meaning): EmperumAn adorns the three kinds of Jevans
  ( Bhaddhar , Mukthar and Nithyar) as a pearl necklace on
  His chest . About these three kinds of Jeevans , Para Matha
  Vaadhis attack with their doctrines that areinconsistent with
  the VedAs . They argue loudly to see if they can make atleast
  two of their ten faulty points stick and blabber to confuse the VivEkis.
  We (Swamy  Dsikan ) have cleared these erroneous statements
  of  Para Matha Vaadhis in this chapter on Jeva Tatthva adhikAram.

  Yeka Jeeva Vadham , Aanandha Taara Tamyam in Moksham ,
  the confusion that Isvaran is the AathmA and the other confusion
  about the AathmA being understood as the body are some of
  the befuddlements that can confuse even a VivEki. Jeevan has
  the eight guNams , prakruthi vilakshaNathvam and Iswara
  Seshathvam as the ten guNams. Yet , the Para Matha Vadhis
  conclude incorrectly that dEham is AathmA and Iswaran is
  the Jeevan . Swamy Desikan states that in the JeevAthma
  TatthvAdhikAram , he engaged the Para Matha Vaadhis in debate
  and showed that their intrepretations about the JeevAthmA
  and its realtionaships to achEthanam andn Iswaran are utterly false .

  159) The removal of the confusion about achEthana Tatthvam
  nAkku iyalum vahai nammai aLitthavar nall aruLAl
     bhAkkiyam yEnthip-paran adiyAr tiRam pArtthaRppin
  thAkkiyar tangaL talai misai tAkkit-tanimaRai tAnn
     bhOkkiyam yenRatanil poy mathangaLai pOkkuvamE

  (Meaning): We , who had no knowledge about tatthvams
  ( their svaroopams and SvabhAvans) have been blessed to
  speak about them with confidence due to our AchArya
  UpadEsam and anugraham. We presented the correct
  description about the Jeevans in the previous chapter.
  In this adhikAram , we criticize those , who use aabhAsa
  yukthis ( disgusting arguments) to advance their incorrect
  doctrines about the achEthanam (BhOgyam ) enjoyed  by
  the Jeevan ( bhOkthA).

  Upanishads describe the three Tathtvams as " BhOkthA
  (Jeevan, the one that enjoys) , BhOgyam ( the vasthu that
  is being enjoyed by the BhOkthA ) and PrEritha ( Iswaran,
  the Commander ).

  Boudha-VaisEshAdhikaL' s celebration of ParamANu Vaadham ,
  adhvaithin's view that the world is a myth , misintrepretation of
  Kaalam and Nithya VibhUthi are some of the points that Swamy
  Desikan attacks under the achEthana adhikAram.

  160) Explanation of AchEthanam according to AchAryAs
  thee vajai mARRi anRu ohr tEril aaraNam paadiya
     Devaki seer mahanAr tiRampA aruL soodiya nAmm
  moovahaiyAm aRiyAt-tatthuvathtin muham aRivAr
     naa vahayE nadatthum nadai paartthu nadanthanamE

  (Meaning ): DEvaki's son , KrishNa ParamAthmA decided
  to uplift the Jeevans from SamsAric mire. He stood as
  the charioteer for Arjunan during the great war .Our Lord
  used Arjunan as an excuse to instruct the beings of the world
  on the meanings of VedAnthams through His SrI Sookthi of
  Geethai. We who have been blessed by th Lord explained
  the intrinsic nature(Svaroopams) and SvabhAvams  of
  achEthana entities such as Prakruthi, Kaalam , Suddha
  Satthvam as our AchAryAs explained to us from the SrI Sookthis
  of Sages VyAsa , ParAsarar and the AzhwArs.

   Swamy  Desikan ThiruvadigaLE SaraNam ,
   Daasan , Oppiliappan Koil VaradAchAri SadagOpan

  SrimatE SrI Lakshminrusimha Dhivya PaadhukA Sevaka
  SrI SaThakOpa SrI NaarAyaNa YathIndhra MahA DesikAya Nama:

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/XUWolB/TM