You are here: SriPedia - Oppiliappan - Archives - Nov 2003

Oppiliappan List Archive: Message 00205 Nov 2003

Dear BhakthAs:

This interesting discussion between two BhakthAs in a sister
list would be of interest to you .We come  across such questions
often . All consecrated vigrahams  of the Lord are worthy of
same reverence and yet it is human to provide additional
weight to Dhivya Desa ArchA Moorthys and to have
ishta dhaivams among them based on place of origin ,
extended MangaLAsaasanam by AzhwArs or links
to specific AchAryAs .

AzhwArs have debated about whether RaamA or KrishNa or
Nrusimha among avathArams are candidates for the First
place among Vibhava avathArams in their dhivya Prabahndhams.

AchAryAs themselves have singled out specific dhivya
Desams in their SrI Sookthis and have poured out their
Vaathsalyam to the EmperumAns of such dhivya dEsams.

Few Months back , there was a semi-serious discussion
about which among the 108 dhivya dEsams should be
given the First place . BhakthAs defended their choices like
Kaanchi , SrIrangam , Thiruppathi et al . Bhakthi list
archives houses htose discussions . That will provide
interesting source materials in this context .

V.Sadagopan