You are here: SriPedia - Oppiliappan - Archives - Nov 2006

Oppiliappan List Archive: Message 00025 Nov 2006

SrI:
SrImathE Ramanujaya namah:

Dearest all,

Even though bhAgawatha kaimkarya is better than
bhagawath kaimkaryam, as per the instruction and
command of Swami Ramanuja, Amudhanaar was performing
kaimkaryam at Sri Ranganathan sannidhi. He was a Chief
priest and thus by performing ThiruvArAdhanam, archana
to the Lord enabling His devotees thronging to see Him
and enjoy Him get benefited. Thus he is doing both
bhagawath kaimkarya as well as bhAgwatha kaimkaryam.
Hence one should not simply do bhAgawatha kaimkarya
alone; it has to be mixed with Bhagawath kamikaryam-
That is Acharyaâ??s command â?? says Amudhanaar.

chOrvinRi unRan thuNaiyatik keezth,thoNtu
pattavar_paal
chaarvinRi ninRa enakku,araNG kan_cheyya thaaLiNaikaL
pErvinRi yinRu peRuththum iraamaa Nnucha!iniyun
cheeron Riyakaru Naikku,illai maaRu therivuRilE. 81

I, who had never thought of service to the Bhagawathas
(who always serve your Lotus feet and not think of any
other matter), was correctly transformed and advised
by DevarIr due to Your grace that "I am the servant of
them only; and None else;" And it is Sri RanganAthan's
nature to enable and let His devotees join the group
of Srivaishnavas (like He has blessed us join this
glorious group);His Lotus Feet are only for Bhagawthas
to desire for taking refuge with and serving the same.
Such Greatest Lord's dhivya mangaLa vigraha
[ThirumEni] is dark hued colour; and DevarIr (Your)
Lotus feet are opposite to that and are of reddish
Lotus Like fair complexioned colour. You have blessed
me with a constant uninterrupted thought on Your Lotus
feet only! Oh RamanujA! There is NO PARALLEL FOR YOU
and YOUR GRACE!

unthan thuNai adi keezh â?? Your Lotus Feet [that are
complimentary to each other] in blessing the sishyas
themselves mercifully;
sOrvu inRi â?? with no tiredness or slackening
thoNdu pattavarpaal- serving acharya kaimkaryam [at
your Lotus feet]
saarvu inRi- to those bhaagawathas â?? and without
expecting aanything else
ninRa enakku- to me [who rejected and ignored even
bhagawath kaimikaryam and was only on acharya and
bhAgawatha kaimkaryam]
arangan seeyya thaal iNaigaL- Lord Ranganathanâ??s red
pairs of divine lotus feet
pErvu inRi- at the same time- without interruption I
am also blessed with bhAgawtha kaimkaryam
peRutthum Iraamaanusa- all these â?? I am blessed to
obtain, Ramanuja! [is only because of your grace]
ini un seer onRiya karuNaikku- hereafter [after this
blessing], there can not be any other for me grander
and better and what a grace!
therivu uRil â?? if one thinks of and enquires
maaRu illai â?? There is no parallel for this; no way
one can pay back for this; no way one can find equal
to this graceâ?¦

When I realized that it is the only goal to serve the
great acharya â?? Swami KooratthAzhwAn who is always
at Your lotus feet and is the Prime Sishya of yours,
and stand there you commanded me and blessed me with
an assignment in Bhagawaan Lord Sri Ranganathan
saanidhi. I was satisfied only with Acharya kaimkaryam
and bhAgwatha kaimkaryam. I was not having the ruchi
and enjoyment of bhagawath kaimaryam and the necessity
of that for Srivaishnavas. Swami! You transformed me
to realize that it is our nature to serve the Lord and
His devotees. Serving the Lord is also essential and
enjoyable. Ultimately that is what we are going to
perform nithya kaimkaryam at Lordâ??s lotus feet in
Srivaikuntam- You advised: Swmaiâ??s unbounded grace
on adiyEn â?? this lowliest self to serve the Lord as
the priest and serve His devotees thereby as well.
When there are thousand waiting to do that,, Swami
EmperumAnAr instructed adiyEn to do that kaimkaryam.
What a bhaagyam! dhanyOsmiâ?¦ - Amudhanar feels
gratefully for Ramanujaâ??s mercy on him.

I am blessed with bhagawatha bhAgwatha and Acharya
kamkaryam right here in this earth and will continue
to do that in Srivaikuntam also. There can be no
parallel thus for Ramanujaâ??s grace.

iNai- pair if lotus feet. Why there is a plural for
the same in the verse- iNaigaLâ?¦ Sri Uttaamur Swami
adds: it means the lotus feet of Moolavar Azhagiya
Manavaalar and Uthsavar NumperumAL.. two pairs of
Lotus Feet.

maaRu- kaimmaaRu; oppudhal- or maaRudhal three
meanings
I am reminded of Swami Desikan oru kaimmaaRu maayanum
kaaNagillaan

SrI Satakopan swami writes: Swami Desikan has pointed
out that it is impossible to pay back in any manner to
The AchAryA , who lights the lamp of knowledge in our
minds and banishes the nescience and vipareetha JnAnam
that occupied our mind before . The only service that
we can do is to praise His kalyANa guNAs and reflect
on them
and to spread the message of the great help that he
gave us (AchAryam prakAsayEth):

yERRi manatthu yezhil jnAna viLakkai iruL anaitthum
mARRinavarkku oru kaimmAru Maayanum kANahillAn
pORRi uhapathum punthiyil koLvathum pongu puhazh
sARRI vaLarpathum saRRallavO munnam peRRathaRkE

Swami Desikan states authoritatively that even the
Lord
can not find a proper way to return the gratitude for
the AchAryan who lit the JnAna deepam in our minds and
chased away the darkness of ajnAnam .

Sathyaki Tantram gives us the same message , when it
says : " GurO: Gurutaram naasthi " ( There is nothing
more sacred than one's AchAryA ) . Upanishad asserts :
" AchArya dEvO Bahva " .

EmperumAnAr ThiruvaDigaLE SaraNam
Regards
Namo Narayana