You are here: SriPedia - Oppiliappan - Archives - Nov 2006

Oppiliappan List Archive: Message 00056 Nov 2006

Sri LakshmiNarayanahrdhayam

[Translated into English by Dr. Saroja Ramanujam from the Tamil translation and commentary by Sri ArasANippAlai Gopala Desikan]

DhyAnaslokam

UdhyadhAdhithya sankAsam peethavAsam chathurbujam

shankachakragadhA pANim DHyAyEth lakshmeepathim harim

One should meditate on Hari, the Lord of Lakshmi,who is lustrous like the rising sun,wearing yellow silk garmant,having four arms,holding the conch, the disc and the mace in his hands.

thrilOkyADHArachakram thadhupari kamaTam

thathra chAnandhabOghee

thanmaDHyE bhoomipadhmAnkusasikaradhaLam

karNikAbhoothamErum

thathTHam shAnthamurthim manimayamakutam

kundalOdhbhAsithAngam

lakshmeenArAyaNAkhyam sarasijanayanam

santhatham chinthayAmah

Let us meditate on lakshmeenArAyaNa, whose eyes are like lotuses, whose form is peaceful, shining with jewelled crown and ear ornaments on His body, who is inside the chakra which is the support of the threeworlds,the primeaval tortoise on it,the body of sesha in it,  in the middle of which is the earth and lotus ankusa, Meru on the top  at athe centre of the lotus.

1.nArAyaNah paramjyothirAthmA nArayaNah parah

  nArAyaNah parambrahma nArAyaNanamOsthuthE

Narayana is the supreme light; Narayana is the supreme self (while the jiva  is the lowerself);Narayana is the supreme brahman. My salutations to You, Narayana.

2. nArAyaNah parO dhEvO DHAthA nArAyaNah parah

    nArAyaNah parO DHAthA nArAyaNa namOsthu thE

Narayana is the supreme deity;Narayana is the supreme creator;Narayana is the supreme support; My salutations to You Narayana.

3.nArayanah param DHAma DhyAnam narAyanah parah

nArAyanah parO dharmO nArayana namOsthuthe

Narayana is the supreme abode ; Narayana is  the object of meditation;Narayana is the supreme dharma; my salutations to Narayana.

4.nArAyana paro dhEvO vidhyA nArAyanah parah

   visvam nArAyaNassAkshAth narAyaNa namosthu thE

Narayana is the highest deity; Narayana is the highest learning;Narayana is the Universe in reality; My salutations to Narayana.

5.nArAyaNAth viDhirjAthO jAthO nArAyaNAth bhavah

   jAthO nArAyanAdhindhrO nArAyaNa namOsthu thE

The creator, Brahma, originated from Narayana; from Narayana Siva came and from Narayana came Indhra; My salutations to Narayana.

6.RavirnArAyaNasthEjah chandhrO nArAyaNo mahah

   vahnirnArAyaNassAkshAthnArAyaNa namOsthu thE

The brilliance of Narayana is the sun and the moon is the light of Narayana; The fire is Narayana Himself; My salutations to Narayana.

Home Page
http://www.ibiblio.org/sripedia
oppiliappan-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
To subscribe to the list