You are here: SriPedia - Oppiliappan - Archives - Nov 2006

Oppiliappan List Archive: Message 00081 Nov 2006

SrI:
SrImathE Ramanujaya namah:

Dearest all,

Amudhanar explains the fruit of his a~jnAnam being
cleared in his case.

paRRaa manicharaip paRRi,ap paRRu vitaathavarE
uRRaa renavuzan ROtinNai yEnini, oLLiyanNool
kaRRaar paravum iraamaa Nnuchanaik karuthumuLLam
peRRaar evar,ava remmain^in RaaLum periyavarE. 86

Earlier, Amudnaar mentioned that there is no other
hold for him except the feet of all those who are the
sishyas of EmperumAnAr. Now he says: I was thinking
about those who are deeply immersed in ?other?
vishayms; hereafter I will not. ? whoever thinks and
contemplates on EmperumAnAr?s glories, they are my
rulers and masters

Holding onto some useless folks as the only refuge and
I considered those people [who hold on like that] as
my relations, friends etc.. and followed them in all
walks of life. If I was with them, I used to feel
happy; and when they are away, felt sad and miserable.
Hereafter I would not be misled so.

Those scholars and jnAnis who are well aware of
tattva, hitham and purushartthams [entity, way and
goal] clearly have taken refuge at the feet of
EmperumAnAr and always think of Him in their minds.
They are blessed to be having such a mind that always
thinks of Ramanuja. They are the great mahathmas who
are capable of ruling me as my masters

ini- after being blessed with clearer jnAnam [now]
patraa manisarai- incapable people [whocan not protect
themselves leave alone others]
patri- held as if they are going to save me? [in
crisis]
a patru vidaadhu ? without letting off that hold
avarai uRRaar ena uzhanRu ? considering or misled to
think that they are going to save me or protect me and
wandered everywhere;
Odi naiyEn- went from one to the other and searched
and exhausted completely
NOW
oLLiya nool ? shining, glowing proofs ? authoritative
scriptures- Vedas
kaRRaar paravum- those scholars who have learnt those
vedas and saasthras and they praise and declare that
these vedanthic truths are unambiguously explained
only by this Acharyan
Iraamanusanai- Ramanuja and about him
karudhum uLLam peRRaar yavar- whoever thinks and
meditates on Ramanuja in their minds at all times;
avar ennai aaLum periyavar- those mahaans are capable
of ruling me and utilizing me at their disposal.

Even if we hold on to them to save us, they are not
capable of saving us; I held on to them as if they are
going to protect me at all times. Whenever they did
not, I used to shift from one to the other. I was
wandering everywhere thus. These devathAntharams are
even better off than these people. At least they like
the attempt to help those who take refuge at their
feet. These people did not even like me. We have left
even those devathantharams.. why to hold on to
ungrateful human beings hereafter?

If someone meditates and praises Ramanuja, they are my
refuge; they are my masters; they are the ones whom I
will hold onto. They are my rulers. Even if they think
of Ramanuja, that is enough. They are mahaanubhaavars
for me. avar periyavar.

EmperumAnAr ThiruvaDigaLE SaraNam
Regards
Namo Narayana