You are here: SriPedia - Oppiliappan - Archives - Nov 2006

Oppiliappan List Archive: Message 00142 Nov 2006

SrI:
SrImathE Ramanujaya namah:

Dearest all

Swami Ramauja, like the Almighty Lord, without
expecting any thing in return, is always willing to
and does help tremendously to each and everyone. The
glaring example is myself: says Amudhanaar

puNNiya nOnpu purinthumi lEn,adi pORRicheyyum
nuNNaruNG kELvi nuvanRumi lEn,chemmai nooRpulavark
keNNaruNG keerththi iraamaa Nnucha!inRu neepukunthen
kaNNuLLum nenchuLLum ninRavik kaaraNam katturaiyE. 92

in order to get blessed this, I have not done any
special deed or any puNNiyam [that I remember]. To be
blessed with his lotus feet, I have not heard any
special discourse or learnt anything that deserves to
be done. Ramanuja! The one who does not expect
anything in return, is doing so much! Indescribable
[even by great scholars and poets] greatest one! Such
greatest one-you alone can tell as to why for all
these years nothing happened; all of a sudden,
devareer has become the object of my enjoyment in
eyes; mind and speech.

semmai nool pulavarkku ? even for scholars well versed
in saasthrAs and vedantha;
eN aru keertthi- inconceivable vaibhavam
Iraamaasaa- Oh Ramanuja with such a greatness and
vaibhavam! For you to come and reside
puNNyiyam nOmbu purindhum ilEn- have not performed any
grand puNNiyam or penance;
adi pOtri seyyum nuN aru kELvi nuvanRumilEn- have not
learnt any special skills or words or heard anything
extra for praising the Lotus Feet;
inRu-   When I was like that,
nee pugundhu- you have come on your own accord and
entered into
en kaNN uL um nenjuL um ninRa ?my eyes, and heart and
are there for ever
e kaaraNam- the reason for that [which I am not able
to comprehend]
katturai- please tell. [There is no reason. It is only
Your abundant unbounded dayA on me]

The Lord enters into the bhakthA?s [chethanan?s] heart
and appears in front of his eyes; in his mind; in his
heart. He [The Lord] ensures that He is thought of at
all times in the mind of his bhakthA. For that one
should have done some puNNyiam; performed karma or
jnAna yogam. Then the esoteric and not-easily-
understandable- sookshuma jeevathma vishayams, and our
eternal servitude to Him should be heard from
SadAchAryan; then one needs to tell that to his own
sishyas and make them understand. Then one should
involve himself in bhakti yoga with uninterrupted
contemplation of His kalyANa guNAs, His beauty and His
divine nature; His abundant daya etc? for ever and
practice bhakti yoga. That is the reason for the Lord
to reside in the mind of jeevathma for ever and His
grace / granting the moKsham.

In your case, what is the reason? I have done nothing
of that sort. Still, you have come on your own accord
and entered into my hear and become the enjoyment of
my eyes. Thinking of it, there is no reason, I am
certain. It is because of your unlimited compassion on
me, you have blessed me so and with your lotus feet.
What a great dayA!

EmperumAnAr ThiruvaDigaLE SaraNam
Regards
Namo Narayana

Sponsored Link

Mortgage rates near 39yr lows.
$310k for $999/mo. Calculate new payment!
www.LowerMyBills.com/lre

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional