You are here: SriPedia - Oppiliappan - Archives - Nov 2006

Oppiliappan List Archive: Message 00186 Nov 2006

SrI:

Dear Sri Ramanathan :

Thanks for your note .

By copy of this mail , I am
requesting Sriman Shreyas Sarangan ,
a devout Oppiliappan Bhakthar to send
you the dates for SravaNam in 2007 .

If Sri Saranga can send you the telephone number of the Oppiliappan Koil NirVAham staff ,
you can get this information .

There are many ways of clebrating SravaNam , the VishNu Nakshathram .Some present
Nila Maalai .Some support Eating Salt free BHagavath PrasAdham .Those who are working
or studying Or those who have  physical ailment or pregnancy should not undertake
SravaNa dina upavAsam,

Some fast and perform Mantra Japams and meditate on His Vaibhavam. They recite
Oppiliappan SuprabhAtham , Sthuthi , Prapathti and MangaLam . Please refer to
E-Book #108 for summary of slOkams and write ups .
TtHERE ARE  many who do not  observe SravaNa vratham/UpavAsam  since EkAdasi UpavAsam
is considered by our AchAryAs to be more important than SravaNa VraTHAM .
Best wishes ,
V.Sadagopan