You are here: SriPedia - Oppiliappan - Archives - Nov 2007

Oppiliappan List Archive: Message 00141 Nov 2007

Respectful Swamins, Adiyen would like to bring to your notice another
information which you may find useful.
The Bhagavdvizhayam Aarayirappadi has been commented upon with
references various scriptures by Sri Vedanta Ramanja Mahadesika
(alias Sakshath Swami - meaning the self-same great Ramanujacharya).
He interpreted the Azhwar strictly according to the concepts of
Ramanuja spelt in his Sribhashya and Gita Bhashya for which he relied
to a great extent on Nammazhwar's works. Sri Sakshath Swamy has
subscribed explanations to the Thiruvaimozhi verses of Sri Vedanta
Desika also.
A set of five volumes were broughtout by Sri U.Ve. K.R.Padmanabhan,
IRAS (Retd.)under the guidance of Sri U.Ve. Vidwan Siromani, Aadoor
Aasoori Madhavacharyar, on behalf of Srirangam Srimad Andavan Ashram.
The first Volume included Sri Thirukkudanthai Andavan's beautiful
commentary. Later part of this commentary was published in a separate
Volume.
This work was published with the financial Assitance of the Ministry
of Human Resource Development, Dept. of Education, Govt. of India
about 15 years ago.
So Thiruvaayirappadi has a beauriful commentary based on Swami
Desika's Tatparya Ratnavali. Sri Sakshat Swami's commentary is named
as Irupatthu Nalayirappadi.
Regards,
Adiyen
Anbil Srinivasan

--- In Oppiliappan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Dr. Sadagopan" <yennappan@...>
wrote:

> Dear Sriman Sampath :
>
> Bhagavad Vishayam  in general means
> the subject matter  about Bhagavaan
> ( His auspicious attributes ) as celebrated by
> Swamy NammAzhwAr in His ThiruvAimozhi
> Prabahndham .
>
> Bhagavad Vishayam in particular refers to
> Thirukkuhai PirAn PiLLAn's 6,000 Padi
> Commentary  on ThiruvAimozhi written
> at the command of AchArya Ramanuja .
> PiLLAn was considered as the JN~Ana Puthran
> of AchArya Ramanuka and is the Bhagavad
> Vishaya PravarthAkAchAryan . PiLLAn was
> also the custodian of AchArya RaamAnujA's
> nithyArAdhana Moorthys ( Sri Varadarajan and
> Sri Hayagrivan presented to Him in Kashmir
> by Saraswathi Devi , which is today in
> the ParakAla Mata AaarAdhanam) .
>
> Bhagavad Vishayam by PiLLAn is an
> erudite MaNipravALa Commentary
> and is usually learnt thru the KaalkashEpam
> route at the sacred feet of a SadAchAryan .
> There are many commentaries for ThiruvAimozhi
> since the time of PiLLAn but his was the first that
> led the  way .
>
> Currently Sri Nadadur KarunAkaran Swamy
> is  giving KaalakshEpams on Bahgavad Vishayam at
> West Mambalam .
>
> Srimad Thirukkudanthai Andavan was the greatest
> authority on Bahgavath Vishayam during His times .
>
> Swamy NammAzhwAr ThiruvadigaLE SaraNam .
> Oppiliappan Koil V.Sadagopan

Oppiliappan Koil Varadachari Sadagopan
http://www.sadagopan.org
Yahoo! Groups Links