You are here: SriPedia - Oppiliappan - Archives - Oct 2007

Oppiliappan List Archive: Message 00040 Oct 2007

SrI:
SrImathE Gopaladesika Mahadesikaya nama:

Dearest All,

AzhwAr pours out his grief for not being able to enjoy
the Kutti KaNNan (in Devaki?s role). He cries out
through the media of Devaki by simulating emotions
motherly tenderness to the child.

AzhwAr feels (in the Devaki role) ?I have missed all
Your childhood pranks, Krishna..?

kaLin^i laavezhil mathipurai mukamum
kaNNa NnEthiNkai maarvumthiN tOLum
thaLima larkkaruNG kuzhalpiRai yathuvum
thatangoL thaamaraik kaNkaLum polintha
iLamai yinpatthai yinRenRan kaNNaal
paruku vERkivaL thaayena ninaintha
aLavil piLLaimai yinpatthai yizhantha
paavi yEnena thaavin^il laathE          7.4

AzhwAr enjoys the beauty of Krishna.

Oh Krishna, I now enjoy Your sight as the handsome
Young man with the most beautiful full moon like
brightest face, the strong yet tender and  soft long
hands, the wide broad chest, strong shoulders, the
tender leaf and dark flowers-like black curls of
tresses fall on the forehead which is like the
beautiful crescent moon, the large well laid out wide
eyes resembling that of red lotus petals, the dark
tender eyebrows, and I drink all these collective
beauty of Yours now; But I grieve for not having had
the pleasure of seeing and enjoying Your beauty as a
little child at that age when the infant can not
recognize anyone except its mother as its own mother..
How can I endure this life, Krishna?

How unfortunate I have been that I did not have the
opportunity to see you in your childhood when a child
does not leave its mother? Being cheated thus, sinner
that I am, I cannot bear this life.

Let us enjoy Krishna?s beauty when He was born.

tamadhbhutham baalakam ambhujEkshaNam
chathurbhujam sankha gadhAryudhAyudham I
Srivathsa Lakshmam galasObhi kousthubham
pIthAmbharam sAndhra payOdha soubhagam II
     ---Srimadh Bhaagavatham : 10.3.9

[From Sri Satakopan Swami?s article] Lotus-eyed,
four-armed, adorning the conch , mace and other divya
aayudhams , the newly born child had the shining
Srivathsam birth mark on its chest and the effulgent
KousthubhA gem around its neck. The beautiful child
had a golden yellow cloth around its waist and had the
hue of the dark blue cloud of the rainy season. The
father VasudEvA saw the beautiful black, curly tresses
of hair on the child's head , a diadem , ear rings
containing precious gem stones , bracelets on its arms
, armlets and golden waist girdle . The luminous
appearance of this beautiful and extraordinary child
with all the alankArams , aabharaNams and natural
beauty are described in the above slOka. Let us enjoy
next sloka in next post.

AzhwAr ThiruvaDigaLE saraNam
Regards
Namo narayana