You are here: SriPedia - Oppiliappan - Archives - Oct 2007

Oppiliappan List Archive: Message 00055 Oct 2007

SrI:
SrImathE Gopaladesika Mahadesikaya nama:

Dearest All,

AzhwAr pours out his grief for not being able to enjoy
the Kutti KaNNan (in Devaki?s role). He cries out
through the media of Devaki by simulating emotions
motherly tenderness to the child.

AzhwAr feels (in the Devaki role) : I am so
unfortunate and unlucky to miss eating the remaining
food, which you used to leave on the plate.

thaNNan^ thaamaraik kaNNanE kaNNaa
thavazhnthe zhunthu thaLarnthathOr nadaiyaal
maNNil sempoti yaativan^ thenRan
maarvil mannitap peRRilE NnanthO
vaNNas senciRu kaivira lanaitthum
vaari vaaykkoNda atisilin missal
uNNap peRRilEn Okodu vinaiyEn
ennai enseyyap peRRathem mOyE           7.6

Oh! KaNNA! The One who has cool most beautiful red
lotus like eyes! Your unsteady walking, falling down
and getting up (when you were just learning to walk);
your playing in the red dust and embracing me
immediately after with all those dirt on Your
beautiful body, smeared with dust- I did not
experience any such enjoyment. What a dhourbhaagyam!
Oh! your taking food with all the five fingers of your
little hand and putting it in your mouth; I was not
lucky and fortunate enough to eat the food left by you
in the plate. I am a great sinner. Oh why did my
mother give birth to such unfortunate me!

[When The Lord was born Vasudeva and Devaki are
overwhelmed and praise their little darling].
Continuing from the earlier verse (tamadbhutham)

mahArha vaiDUrya kirIta kundalathvishA
parishvaktha sahasra kunthaLam I
uDDhAma kaanchyangadha kankaNAdhibhir-
virOchamAnam VasudEva eikshEhta II
      ---Srimadh Bhaagavatham:10.3.10

[from Sri Satakopan Swami article] VasudEvA and DEvakI
saw all the signs and symbols of Divinity (MahA
purusha LakshaNam) and began to eulogize this divine
child.

VasudevA saluted this unique child this way :

vidhithOsi Bhavaan saakshAth Purusha: prakruthE:
Para:I
kEvalAnubhavAnandha svarUpa: sarva bhuddhi dhruk II

I recognize who Thou art ! You are the supreme being (
Purusha: ) Himself , who transcends prakruthi and are
of the nature of pure consciousness-bliss and sarva
saakshi.

AzhwAr ThiruvaDigaLE saraNam
Regards
Namo narayana