You are here: SriPedia - Oppiliappan - Archives - Oct 2007

Oppiliappan List Archive: Message 00080 Oct 2007

Dear All,

Let us continue the Divya Desa yathrai. This time around, we take the company of Parakalanayaki. We will not be able to enjoy this Divya Desam with out. She is the one who can really take us close this Perumal.

Parakalanayaki shows us this Divya Desam in her pasurams.

nInilaa muRRaththu ninRivaL nOkkiNnaaL,
kaanumO kannapuramenRu kaattiNnaaL ?..             (P.T.8.2.2)

Known as Thirukkannapuram, this lovely Divya Desam is located in the Nannilam route. We were there for the darshan in late afternoon. Moolavar thirunAmam is Nilamega Perumal. Utsavar is Sowrirajan. ThAyAr is known as Kannapuranayaki. Utsavar thAyAr is known as Padmini Nachiyar. This Divya Desam is the one that combines all the aksharams in Thirumantram. The Perumal in this Divya Desam did upadesam for our Kaliyan.

The mother of Parakalanayaki describes the state of her daughter in her hometown of ThiruvAli Thirunagari. Parakalanayaki is always submerged in thoughts on Sowrirajan. She cannot resist having Perumal?s darshan. Fron her thirumaligai in her home town, she stands towards the direction of Thirukkannpuram, and keeps showing Thirukkannapuram to mother all the time.

Even these days, we could see that none stands in front of Thirumangai Azhwar in this muRRam in ThiruvAli Thirunagari as azhwar wants to have darshan of Sowri Perumal all the time.

'aruvichOr vENGgadam nNIrmalai' eNnRuvaay
veruviNnaaL meyyam viNnavi yirukkiNnRaaL,
'peruguchIrk kaNNa puram'eNnRu pEchiNnaaL
urugiNnaaL, uLmelinN dhaaL idhu veNnkolO!               (P.T.8.2.3)

The mother continues with the above pasuram. Parakalanayaki keeps invoking various Divya Desa Perumals. She is always talking about Thirukkannapuram, and whenever she said Thirukkannapuram, her suffering was at peak because of the separation from Lord.

Who else in our sampradayam has the qualification to recite Thirukkannapuram?

adiyArs should definitely visit this Divya Desam. The big nitya pushkarani here will invite us when we enter this lovely Divya Desam.

Let us continue the journey through Chozha nadu. Now onwards, we definitely need to take hirumangai Aazhwar with us. Otherwise, we will get lost. Even the azhwar got lost from her mother's sight. Where would she have gone? Let us find the answer for this in one of the postings to follow.

adiyen,
ramanan

Yahoo! Answers - Check it out. __._,_.___

Oppiliappan Koil Varadachari Sadagopan
http://www.sadagopan.org

Home Page
http://www.ibiblio.org/sripedia