You are here: SriPedia - Oppiliappan - Archives - Oct 2007

Oppiliappan List Archive: Message 00085 Oct 2007

SrI:
SrImathE Gopaladesika Mahadesikaya nama:

Dearest All,

AzhwAr pours out his grief for not being able to enjoy
the Kutti KaNNan (in Devaki?s role). He cries out
through the media of Devaki by simulating emotions
motherly tenderness to the child.

AzhwAr feels (in the Devaki role) : I lost all your
most beautiful glances at me. Even Gopis enjoyed them.

kuzhaka NnEenRan kOmaLap piLLaay
kOvin^ thaaen kutangaiyil manni
ozhugu pErezhi liLanciRu thaLir_pOl
orukai yaaloru mulaimukam nerutaa
mazhalai mennakai yitaiyitai yaruLaa
vaayi lEmulai yirukkaven mukatthE
ezhilkoL niNnthiruk kaNNiNai nOkkan^
thannai yumizhan^ thEnizhan^ thEnE      7.7

Oh kind hearted one! Oh my beautiful child! Oh
Govinda! when I hold you in my right hand, you skid
like a flood of beauty (to my lap), with your tender
hand rubbing the tip of my breast while your mouth is
in my other breast and in between you smile looking at
my face. I lost the opportunity of the benefit of your
sacred grace by sending you away immediately after
birth.

AzhwAr ThiruvaDigaLE saraNam
Regards
Namo narayana