You are here: SriPedia - Oppiliappan - Archives - Oct 2007

Oppiliappan List Archive: Message 00098 Oct 2007

Sri:

Dear VedAbhimAnis :

It is my pleasure to pass on this URL identified by
SrI ShrEyas Sarangan , The Moderator of
Oppilliappan Web pages on Saama Vedam
Passage . This is one of the best Saama GhAnam
that I have heard .Please enjoy it and thank You ,
ShrEyas !

V.Sadagopan
http://www.oppiliappan.org

Quote from SrI Sarangan :

http://sanskrit.safire.com/SamaVeda.html

adiyen has seen both the above Yajur Veda mantra as well as the setu-sAman used for for naivedyam during tiruvaradanam at temple/home.

My brihaspati mentioned that this is mentioned in the prayoga-kaarikai for Sama Vedins.

Have also heard from vidwans that this is the one of the important samans that nityasoories recite while offering tiruvaradanam at Srivaikuntam.

vachika doshaha kshantavyaha.

Namo Veda Purushaya!

ramanuja dasan.
(-Shreyas)