You are here: SriPedia - Oppiliappan - Archives - Oct 2007

Oppiliappan List Archive: Message 00113 Oct 2007

Respected Bhagavathas,
We should be thankful to Sri Laaxminrisimha Sridhar Swamy
to have brought this to our attention. Adiyen and about 30 of us were taken to various Shetras visited and thus sanctified by Swamy Desikan by Sri Ananthapadmanabhachar Swamy (Srinrisimhapriya) last year called "Desika Vijaya Yatra'. One among them and unique is this shrine Sathyakalam. We had a holy bath at river Cauvery on the banks of which Swamy Desikan did thapas on Koormasana for 12 yrs under Aswatha Tree. Later Thirumanjanam was performed to Swamy Desikan,s Vigraham (unique-in standing postuire) and Alankara Thaligai etc., We also did out Sandhavandanam and Jabam etc., under the same Tree. A calm place, deep away from the hustle bustle, where one can enjoy each and every moment and many more qualities. One must visit this place during his lifetime and the authorities, abhimanis and the people of the Shetram request all of us to come and if one can make it during the Thirunakshetram Day it will be fine.
Dasan
Devanathan,
Chennai.

On Fri, 19 Oct 2007 srihi@xxxxxxxx wrote :
>Srihi
>
>Respected Bhagavathas,
>
>I am wish to bring to your kind notice that There is a Sri Kshetram Know as Sathyagalam in Karnataka where our beloved Swami Deiskan stayed for 12 long years during the turbulance period at Srirangam and it is here at this place he composed a Shostra named  ?ABHITISHAVA?.
>
>Every years Swamis Annual Thirunakshtram Festival is celebrated on a Sunday in Thula Masa  so that All of us can particpate in large number since it is Sunday and also have a Holy dip during Avabratha Sananam.
>
>This year it is being celebrated on 11th Of November 2007 a Sunday. I appeal to all of you to come and participate in Large number,I wish to also inform you that HH Prakala Mutt Swamigal and Ashmath Acharyan H H Sri Rangapriya Swamigal is also particpating in the above mentioned  Festival
>
>I am happy  to inform you that Last year large number of people participated and i am sure this year also you will participate and also bring some more new members.
>

>To view the Patrikai click on
>
>http://www.sathyagalamtemple.net/events
>
>Small appeal:  People who are particpating in the events are being provided with Palaharam in Morning and Anna Maha Prasadam in the Afternoon, in view of increasing number of visitor i appeal to you all to contribute small amount towards this Noble Anna Kainkaryam. Please contact :
>
>Sri K.R. Krishnaswami ,Hon. Secretary  # 189, Third Model Street Basavanagudi, Bangalore - 560 004 Tel : + 91 80 26767528 and Mobile Number:9902058417
>
>Dasan
>Lakshminarasimhan Sridhar
>

>Oppiliappan Koil Varadachari Sadagopan
>http://www.sadagopan.org