You are here: SriPedia - Oppiliappan - Archives - Oct 2007

Oppiliappan List Archive: Message 00164 Oct 2007

According to our tradition, Star Poruttham is the most important & only those horoscopes which have star poruttham can be further studied for other porutthams, which are listed in Srirangam Panchangam. Out of ten poruthams if there are maximum poruthams then only we can proceed further. The second important porutham is Rajju porutham, which if it is negative, then also no further progress.
The above is the traditionally followed by all.
As per the olden procedure, for Brahmins star porutham & Rajju porutham are enough for further progress. But, it is optional to parents to see Dasas of both the boy & girl to ensure their married life is long enough, smooth & fruitful.
Srinivasan (non-karnatic)

srivijanaki <srivijanaki@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Respected Sirs,
In the process of seeing alliance for our daughter, we find from the
books on matching and horosocope reading that some stars are stated as
PORUNTHATHM STARS but there is "NO star porutham". In the pampu
panchangam it is stated that Star Porutham is a must for brahmins.
However, in Karnataka I find that the astologers do not reject
horoscopes on account of star alone. what is the real position for us,
Tamil Brahmins. Should we reject a horosopce if there is no star
porutham even if we have other porutham. I request leanrned readers to
advise me.
Respectfully,
GJ