You are here: SriPedia - Oppiliappan - Archives - Oct 2007

Oppiliappan List Archive: Message 00171 Oct 2007

Dear All,

We will now be moving around the Thajavur belt for a quick visit to Divya Desams. adiyen got the opportunity to visit three Divya Desams.

seRumthiN thimilERudaiya, pinnai
peRumthaN kOlam peRRaa roorpOl,
naRunthaN theenthENnunda vaNdu,
kuRinchi paadum kooda loorE     (PT 5.2.2)
Known as Aduthurai Perumal Kovil, this Divya Desam is known as Thirukkoodalur in our sampradayam. Devargal gathered here to report to Perumal about the evil deeds of Hiranyan. Perumal came to their protection. This Perumal is known as VaiyamkAtha Perumal, Jagathrakshagan. He is in standing posture. Thirumangai Azhwar has sung a pathikam on this Divya Desam.

Azhwar enjoys the valour of Perumal and the nature's beauty in the lovely Thirukkodalur Divya Desam in the above pasuram.
Our next stop is the Divya Desam where Perumal is known as Gajendra Varadhan. Perumal is in sayana thirukkOlam. This Divya Desam is one of the 5 Krishna Kshetrams. Thirumazhisai Azhwar has enjoyed this Perumal in Nanmugan ThiruvandhAdhi.

kooRamum saaraa koduvinaiyum saaraa,
thImaaRRamum saaraa vagaiyaRindhEn - aaRRaNG
karaikkidakkum kaNNan kadalkidakkum
, maayan
uraikkidakku muLLath thenakku.         (50)

Thirumazhisai Azhwar calls this Perumal as one who is in lying posture on the bank of river. He is none but the Kannan who actually gave us the charama slokam.

The state of the temple was not so good. Moreover, it was sad to see the archagar's son. He is affected by nervous weakness. Despite this he did a good sevai of Perumal for us and offered prasadam.
Our next stop is in Pullambhoothangudi.

naRiya malarmEl surumpaarkka ezhilaar manynyainadamaada,
poRikoL siRaivaN disaipaadum puLLam bhoothaNG kudithaanE     (PT5.1.1)

Thirumangai Azhwar has enjoyed this Divya Desam as above. This is the Divya Desam where the different kinds of honey bees sit on the fragrant flowers and make good music as they collect the honey; Peacocks dance with joy. Perumal is in Sayana ThirukkOlam. He is known as Valvil Raman.
aAdhanoor aAndaLakkum ayyanai nennalai indrinai naalinai...(Periya Thirumadal)

This is the Divya Desam where the Perumal resides eternally, and known as Aandalakkum Ayyan. Perumal is in Sayana thirukkOlam. Thirumangai Azhwar has enjoyed this Divya Desam in Periya Thirumadal.

adiyen had a quick and good anubhavam in this Divya Desam.

We are now proceeding back to Kumbakonam. We need to visit a few more Divya Desams before we board the train back home.

adiyen,
ramanan