You are here: SriPedia - Oppiliappan - Archives - Sep 2004

Oppiliappan List Archive: Message 00004 Sep 2004

Sep 2004 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

Sri:

SrimatE Gopaladesika MahadesikAya Namaha,

Translation by U.Ve. Dr. V.N. Vedanta Desikan Swamin:

1003. yE nAma BhakthiniyathA: kavayO madhanyE
      mAtha: sthuvanthi maDhusUdhanapAdhukE thvAm
      lapsyE guNAmshavinivEshithamAnasAnAm
      thEShAmaham sabahumAnavilOkithAni

Oh Lord's Paaduka! Many others may compose similar works on You,
prompted by devotion. They will be conscious of the obstacles in the
path and they will, therefore not direct their eyes except on the
virtues of this work of mine.

Namo Narayana,

SriMuralidhara Dasan

Special Notes by V.Sadagopan (V.S):

SlOkam 1003

1) UtthamUr  Swamy's anubhavam : Oh Mother! Poets , who are devotees
of Your Lord will concentrate on my descriptions about Your
auspicious qualities and will compose their own poems praising You.
They will read my sthOthram on You with affection . Being devotees of
Your Lord, they make me fulfilled  in my efforts through their
adoring approvals.

2) SrImath Andavan's anubhavam: The PaadhukA responds to the prayer
to be forgiven and says: " Alright, I forgive You out of my affection
for You. What about the righteous ones? Wll they accept Your daring
act? Swamy  Desikan answers: "Oh Mother PaadhukE! In the matters of
praising You, the success or failure to adequately capture Your
multitudes of GuNams is neither due to their sakthi or asakthi. It is
their prEmai (love) for You that propels the righteous ones. Those
revered righteous ones will therefore not look at my deficencies but
will examine whether my effort is linked to prEmai for You . They
want to know whether my sthuthi is a PrEma garbha sthuthi or not. If
they conclude that adiyEn's sthuthi arose from Bhakthi paravasam,
then they will overlook the aspects of dhOsham and will be
pleased with my efforts. Since my endeavours are driven by my
athyantha prEmai for You, I feel confident that the righteous ones
will accept it and overlook any blemishes .

3) Oh Mother PaadhukE ! The other poets (madhanyE yEnAma Kavaya:)
propelled by their deep devotion for You ( Bhakthi niyathA: ) engage
in praising You through their SrI Sookthis (ThvAm Sthuvanthi). Those
righteous ones are going to react to my Sahasram with favor and cast
their benovolent glances on me since they would recognize that my
efforts like theirs are driven by Bhakthi to You (GuNAmsa vinivEsitha
mAnasAnAm tEshAm sabahumAna vilOkithAni aham labhyasE )....(V.S).

http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/XUWolB/TM