You are here: SriPedia - Oppiliappan - Archives - Sep 2004

Oppiliappan List Archive: Message 00165 Sep 2004

Sep 2004 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

Dear Sri Ranganathan:

Yes , both can be fitted together .
One(Maa ViLakku)  is initated by the ladies of the house
and the other ( MaaLaya Paksha TarpaNams)
is performed by appropriate male members .

Pithru LOkam is a specific unit in Dharma
SaasthrAs of SarvEswaran's ( ThiruvEngadamudayAn's
akhilANDa Koti BrahmANDam) creation . Bhagavan Sriman NaarAyaNan
(Standing as Archa Moorthy on top of the seven hills) is the creator of
all these lOkams ( including Pithru lOakm) and as such
is to be recognized and worshipped on all days in general and
PurattAsi Saturdays in particular .

Those who can not create Maa ViLakku in the authentic way
can light a dheepam with ghee and offer their prayers with
SrI VenkatEsa AshtOttharam .

NamO VenkatEsAya ,
V.Sadagopan

V.Sadagopan