You are here: SriPedia - Oppiliappan - Archives - Sep 2005

Oppiliappan List Archive: Message 00035 Sep 2005

Sep 2005 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

Seshadri Swamin:
Adiyeen has started the mandala puujaa and chanting of Sudharsanaalhwaar manthra from Saturday, 3/9,/05, right after amaavaasai tharppaNam. I will continue this prayer over 60 days. Please add my name Aaravamudhan Raman, Sriivatsa Goothram, sravaNa nakshaththiram. I have instructed Rs. 480 be sent to you to cover the cost of daily archchanai, and prasaadhams to be given at the end. I am particularly interested in getting Sudharsanaalhwaar muurthy, the leaf and the book Sudharsana Vaibhavam.
Mahaa Sudharsanaaya namaha;
Adiyeen, Aravamudhan Raman
aravaram@xxxxxxxxx

Seshadri Dasan <sripadukasevagan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Photos of kanchi Sudarsana Alwar = http://f6.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/wPgSQ-SLvA4DMkvnL4dZTTGvplxCUyre2DiyrOKvRRcxIiGWfyT9ovgFPhO5Xw_gENYxEqnJyPut84ruIw92PTLIg2E3Lak82FwowesQyQ/chakaratha%20alwar.jpg

                        "ORUNDRU THA  NE AMAIYADAO THITTAM"
                          "WONT EVEN ONE DO" SCHEME"
                            Kodambakam chennai - 24.

          Victory be to Sri Sudarshana: glory be to Sudarshana scheme of celebrating The Second batch, one mandala (48 days) Archana to Sri Sudarshana Alwar from 1/09/2005 to 18/10/2005 with silver flowers at no cost to the devotee AND parayana of Sri Sudarshana ashtakam and sri Shodasaayudha sthotram for one mandala with all the members of the family participating in it (one silver flower offered in archana will be given free to the participating families).

          In order to promote the reciting of Sri Desika?s compositions on the Lord?s discuss the youth (3 yrs to 25 yrs of age) of today this scheme is prepared. This was initiated when the threat of SAARS loomed over the world.

          To participate in this scheme, the members of a family should undertake to chant for 48 days from (1/09/2005 to 18/10/2005) Sri Sudarshana ashtakam and sri Shodasaayudha sthotram and send the undertaking to us. To promise and not to do will entail the ire of Sri Sudarshana alwar. The response may send by E-mail.

          Those who undertake to do so will do it at home either in the morning or in the evening. They should chant Sri Sudarshana ashtakam and sri Shodasaayudha sthotram. Archanas will be performed in the name of all the participating members in the Sri Sudarshana shrine at kanchi temple every day for 48 days. A silver flower used in the archana will be sent to the families one each. Those who are abroad can designate a relative in India to receive the flower.we regret our inability to send it to devotees abroad.

            The participating familymay send Rs.10/- towards flowers for archana. The sabha will bear all the expenses. Those who want may send in multiples of Rs.10/- the aim is to propagate the stotras and not collecting money.

Send Rs.10/- and receive a silver flower.
Send Rs.480/-(Rs.10 X 48 days) and receive silver Sudharsana in standing posture silver flower and the book sudarshana vaibhavam.
Send Rs.10/ X 20 (200) - and receive a silver flower and the book sudarshana vaibhavam.

            Parayana of sri Koora narayana jeer?s sudharshan Satakam.
Those who send a request for mandala parayana of the satakam to dispel sorrow or suffering for getting a job will have our team chanting for them. This service is totally free and based on request only.

            At the end of the 48 days, 100 poor Brahmins will be fed and presented dhotis on behalf of the participants.

            We pray unto you now to ward off evil in future.
Chant the stotras in praise of lord sudarshana and be the recipients of his grace. We believe in karma and the washing away of it by prapatti and prayer. Though we have to suffer the dictates of karma, it can be arranged by Parayana.So do it. For brahmacharis and Grihastas it is imperative to perform sandhyavandhana before parayana. Womens are the guardian of our culture and tradition. They have to see that men folk do the sandhi before chanting. Though this parayana is for an end it is not kamya because we are not asking for any earthly goal. It is Prayachitha enforced ever on Prappannas.
We don?t know with whose heart Lord Varadha will enter and get his dream realized. He is certainly one among you.

NOTE:-  Participants may send your Queries and Contribution to the below said person's address.

YOURS IN SERVICE

C.SESHADRI DASAN
16, SUBRAMANIA NAGAR CROSS STREET
KODAMBAKKAM