You are here: SriPedia - Oppiliappan - Archives - Sep 2005

Oppiliappan List Archive: Message 00080 Sep 2005

Sep 2005 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

Dear SrEvaishNavites,

1. The word 'marumAn' indicating the lineage rather than the relationship of nephew is indeed appropriate, especially in the context of mAl-marugan as is commonly used.

The word mAl marugan in the sense of nephew is highly absurd as one cannot imagine the son of ShivA  murugan--(The son being born from ShivA and pAravthi as parents-refer 5th pari-pADAl) and shivA being created by BrahmA who is created by EmperumAn.--
being termed as mAl marugan , a nephew.  The problem is people still do not realise the differenc between pArvathi and 'vAishNavi'. 'VaishNavi' being the child exchanged in place of Sri krshNA.  refer --andhari sUTTa kANAk kaNdEAn thOzhi nAn- nAchiyAr ThiruMozhi - and pArvathi the consort of ShivA.

Therefore,  marugan being marabu vazhi is better than nephew.

2. nATTu p-pEAN is still  in vogue in vAna-mA-malai,thrinelvEali and srivilliputhUr regions. In fact, my sister's in-laws call her nATTup peN even today.
regards.

3. The sound of 'RA' replaced by 'ThA' like 'ChiRRam ' to 'ChiTham'
has been to pronounce softly. This has been time and again reiterated by those who had imparted sandhai to me years back and also by my grandfather.
The seemingly sound of 'rA' is softly replaced by 'thA'. I think Kanchi swAm also followed this tradition during aruLich cheyal sEAvai.

dAsan
vanamamalai padmanabhan

Fund raising Hinduism Hinduism religion
Different religions beliefs