You are here: SriPedia - Oppiliappan - Archives - Sep 2005

Oppiliappan List Archive: Message 00105 Sep 2005

Sep 2005 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, September 12, 2005 7:23 PM
Subject: Amruthur, Karnataka

From: srihi@xxxxxxxx [mailto:srihi@xxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, September 12, 2005 1:56 AM

SrI:

Dear SrIvaishNavAs,

http://www.pbase.com/svami/amruthur

I had the good fortune to visit Amruthur in Kunigal Taluk on 10th
instant.
The Moolavar is Chenna Keshvar and the temple is of Hoysala Period.
It is
said this murhty was concerted by our Udayavar and then the Moorthy
Vanished. Then Lord Appeared in the dream of one Chinna Swamy Iyengar
and
told him he is there in Hemavathi Dam ( Which is very close by say 7
Kms
The place is known as Markondanahalli Dam built across Hemavathi
river )
Then Chinna Swamy Iyengar did the Punar Prathistai of the Lord. Chena
Keshava is accompanied by Sri and Neela Devi. Our Neela Devi hold the
Amrutha Kalasa instead of Lotus , hence the name Amruthur to this
place. There is no Sthala Purana Available. One more beauty is the
Archa Moorthyof Moolavar and Uthasavar is the carbon copy. The
Archakar Sriman Thothathri Iyengar is from Srivali puttur who came
and settled in this small Village five years back. This temple needs
help from people. Nithya Deepam has to be arranged and I on my part
gave some money for this months Deepam .

The divine netram of this perumAL is visible without the Kan Malar.
See the radiant smile. You can plan you weekend with your Family Visit
Markondanahalli Dam with your dear kids, then visit Amruthur, Then
Nagamangala which is some 27 Kms. Then if time permits you can visit
Melkote from Nagamangala.

The detials of temple will shortly appear in
www.karnatakavaishanavatemples.net

Dasan
Sridhar

Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.