You are here: SriPedia - Oppiliappan - Archives - Sep 2005

Oppiliappan List Archive: Message 00208 Sep 2005

Sep 2005 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

Note: forwarded message attached.

Honganour Srinivasarangachar Krishna
E-Mail: hokrishna@xxxxxxxxx

http://mail.yahoo.com

Fund raising

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

--- Begin Message --- Dear Asthigas!

I am just learning abour our sambradayam through BA vaishnam course in madras university. I had a small doubt. Anyone can kindly clear my doubt and give reasons on that. If we enter we see Dwathas thambam in almost all the temples. As like in ancient days Raja's after getting victory over the others they themselves have their vetristhambam in their territory.  I would like to know what is the cause of Dwasthambam and what makes it very prominent in praying God. We used to enter the temple after give pranams to the dwasthambam. How would like to know:
1. What is the Dwasthambam
2. What is the cause to have that
3. why we give proper respect on the Utsavas time

Any scholars or any one kindly explain this in detail.

Adiyen Dasan
Varadarajan.V