You are here: SriPedia - Oppiliappan - Archives - Sep 2007

Oppiliappan List Archive: Message 00008 Sep 2007

Sep 2007 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

Dear Sriman Vasudevan,
Kindly refer to Pasuram of Periazwar Thirumozhi 1.2.3 which according to Periazwar is in  the continuation of his Thirupallandu which is also to say that no harm should come to KANNAN from Kamsan.

With reference to 1.3.6 which reads like this:

MATHAKALLITRU VASUDEVAR THAMUDAI
SITHAMPERIYATHA DEVAGI THAN VAITRIL
ATHATHIN PATTHAM NALL THONDIRYA ACHUTHAN
MUTHAM IRUNTHAVA KANEEREY MUGIZNAGAIYEER VANTHU KANEEREYE

It is clear from this Pasusram that Periazwar consider the birth star of KANNAN which is Thiruvonam if taken 10 days from Hastam. If taken before Hastam the 10th day star is Rohini.

However it should be presumed that the worry is from Kamsan  only which is very clear from Thirupallandu, and this is the continuation of that.

Adiyens point may not hold good. However it is only  my presumption.

adiyen,
nochalur seshadri sampath.

MG Vasudevan <vasudevanmg@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Dear sri vaishNava perunthagaiyeer,
I continue with the second half of my doubt in this post.

1.      Previously we have seen how sukhar has not spelt the krishNa avathaaram details like how vaalmeeki did in raamaayaNam.

May be somebody will come out with a supportive argument stating kamsan should not come to know of these details, so that he will take action in trying to destroy the 8th child of dhEvaki.

2.      But one thing is to be kept in mind while placing the above supportive point -- for sukhar is saying these to king pareekshith - these details about krishNa's history - and by that time all ? including Krishna - have gone back to their respective lOkam.
Kunthi, dhrutharaashtra, gaandhaari gone ? re canto 1
krishna also disappeared ? re canto 1.
In canto 3 vidhura and udhdhava converse on disappearance of Krishna etc.
So that argument of - kamsan coming to know - cannot hold much water.

3.      Now comes my second half of doubt.
When such is the case, how come peiyaazhvaar say in verse 1-1-3 -- who has followed sukhar in verse 1 and 2 -- suddenly deviates to say he is 'thiruvONaththaan' ? one who is born in 'sravaNa nakshathram'.

pENich cheerudaip piLLai piRandhinil
kaaNaththaam puguvaar pukkup pOdhuvaar
aaN oppaar ivan nEr illai kaaN ? thiru
voNaththaanulagu aaLum enbaargaLE
On this thiruvONaththaan ? one who is born in thiruvONam nakshathram ? PVP says ? thiruvONaththaan = sarvEswaranudaiya.
-- thiruvOnaththaan aana sarvEswaranudaiya ulagai ellaam aaLum enbaarumaai ? in the detailed paragraph of comments.

May be another may put forward an argument ? no, no, aazhvaar does not say he is born on thiruvOnam day ? this child is like that thiruvONaththaan ? sarveswaran - will rule entire world. Then what is his birth nakshathram- as detailed by aazhvaar.

Again see in verse 1-2-6

maththak kaLiRRu vasudhEvar thammudai
siththam piriyaadha dhEvaki than vayiRRil
aththaththin paththaa naaL thOnRiya achchuthan
muththam irunthavaa kaaNeerE mugizh nagaiyeer vandhu kaaNeerE.
This 'aththam' ? 'hastham' in Sanskrit ? adhan paththaam naaL ? is 'thiruvONam' ? so aththaththin paththaa naaL is thiruvONam ? so annaaLil thOnRiya achchuthan.
PVP says 'hastha nakshaththiraththirku paththaavadhaana thirunaaLilE' ? so it is thiruvOnam. Then where from this rOhiNi came?
I now welcome bhagavathaas to comment on the above.
Dhasan
Vasudevan m.g.

--
Vasudevan MG

Take the Internet to Go: Yahoo!Go puts the Internet in your pocket: mail, news, photos & more. __._,_.___

Oppiliappan Koil Varadachari Sadagopan
http://www.sadagopan.org

Home Page
http://www.ibiblio.org/sripedia