You are here: SriPedia - Oppiliappan - Archives - Sep 2007

Oppiliappan List Archive: Message 00066 Sep 2007

Sep 2007 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

Swamin
1.Is there ban in the shastras for using 'uthrakinni' (spoon type) for
taking water for achamanam from the kolapathram? Iyers do that but we
(iyengars) do not use. It is more easy when uthrakinni is used to take
right quantity of water without spilling all over. May I know why
Iyengars are prohibited from using it?
2. Also I heard in Pothigai TV, Sriman Velukkudi swamy stating that
Bhagawat Ramanjuar,after his 18th visit to Thirukkozhtiyoor Nambigal,
gave the meaning of Charamas sloka to the interested persons in the
temple. I had all along had read and heard that Udaiyavar gave the
moola mantra from that temple to the interested ones and Nambigal got
offended first. Which is true, whether Udaiyavar gave out the Moola
mantra or Charamas sloka or both?
Adiyen
Kochappaa

Oppiliappan Koil Varadachari Sadagopan