You are here: SriPedia - Oppiliappan - Archives - Sep 2008

Oppiliappan List Archive: Message 00025 Sep 2008

Sep 2008 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

Sri:
SrimathE Gopaladesika mahadesikaya nama:
Dearest all,

Thus the mother unable to transform her daughter, finally praises the daughter
and give up. The friend of Parakala nayaki in order to console her (AzhwAr)
understanding that her state is due to the anubhavam earlier with the Lord,
enquires her. This naayaki begins to tell the truth as the friends get to know
the real and true story.

naivaLamon Raaraayaa nammai nOkkaa
 naaNinaar pOliRaiyE nayangaL pinnum,
seyvaLavi lenmanamum kaNNu mOdi
 emperumaan thiruvadikkeezh aNaiya, ippaal
kaivaLaiyum mEkalaiyum kaaNEn kaNdEn
 kanamagarak kuzhaiyiraNdum naan_gu thOLum,
evvaLavuN demperumaan kOyil? enRERku
 idhuvanRO ezhilaali? enRaar thaamE.    22

naivaLam onRu aaraayaa â Selecting a particular tune called ânaivaLamâ
and singing in that tune
nammai nOkkA- looking at me- and realizing that I am not moved by that tune;
iRai nANinaar pOl- as if feeling ashamed that He has not succeeded âslightly
giving up;
pinnum nayangaL seyvaLavil â further, mixing some other words, He started
singing in other tune and hence mind and eyes
Odi â ran behind Him immediately
EmperumAn ThiruvaDi keezh aNaiya â sought after His red lotus feet;
eppaal â even in this state
kaivaLaiyum mEgalaiyum kaaNEn- the bangles that I was wearing and the waist
band (and the waist cloth) are found missing;
kanamakarak kuzhai iraNdum â the golden ear studs
naangu thOLum kaNdEn â (joining those strong) four shoulders and I enjoyed
seeing them
EmperumAn koil evvaLavuNdu- how far is my Lordâs temple ?
enRERRku â when I asked Him;
yezhil aali idhu anRO enRAr thaam â the most beautiful divine divya desam
Thiruvaaali â this place-He responded immediately;

When He came with the strong divine Bow and with the other person (Lakshmana),
I felt scared that He is none other than Lord Sri Rama and hence did not
consider Him as my nAyakan. It is natural for me to get such a mind as He is a
Eka pathnee vrathan. He is my Lord KaNNan who had come actually. Hence He began
to sing in a tune called naivaLam. This tune would melt the listenerâs heart
and those who listen would unite with the person to who is singing. I thought
Raamaa is singing that tune for His consort SitA PiraaTTi. He felt ashamed that
He could not succeed in getting me from naivaLam tune and hence changed His
tune that He used for Gopikas. He mixed those words that He had used for Gopa
sthrees and then and there my mind and eyes lost control and went to Him.
Shouldnât I just go and hug Him like SitA PiraaTTi? Instead, still, I had the
thinking that He is my Lord; My Master; EmperumAn and hence as if I am
committing bhagavad apacharam, I reached
 His Lotus Feet and hugged the lotus feet, as if they are His strong chest.
That very moment, my bangles, my waist band went missing. Because till then, I
was languishing for Him; when I reached His Lotus Feet,  due to ecstasy, my
wrists and hands swelled with joy and hence the bangles broke and fell down.
The waist cloth fell down in that haste along with the waist band.

When I raised my head to see His divine chest and face, I asked Him as to where
His place is â so that we can go there inside. He said, âhere itself,
nAyaki! Thiruvaali divya desam itself is my residence.

Now I realized that He is my Thiruvaali emperumAn. Realizing His Parathvam, I
reached His lotus feet. Bhagawaan is my prANa nAthan and hence my waist band
and bangles went missing. Thus, Deiva bhakti, Pathi bhakthi were all mixed in
me.

How four shoulders? For Raamaa? Perhaps, He appeared with four shoulders, so
that she does not go away further. For some, even Raamaa is reported to have
appeared with chauthur bhujam. For Parakala naayakai also, perhaps, Raama would
have shown Himself so. Or later He became Krishna in front of her with four
arms.

AzhwAr ThiruvaDigaLE SaraNam

Regards
Namo Narayana