You are here: SriPedia - RaamaBhakthi - Archives - Dec 2004

RaamaBhakthi List Archive: Message 00005 Dec 2004

Dec 2004 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

SrI:

Dear Raama BhakthAs :

Saint Thyagaraja's Raama Bhakthi has been like a flowing
river of honey , which has crystallized into a mountain of
bliss .

Many musician's over time have learnt these krithis from the sishya
paramparai of Saint Thyagaraja ( 1767-1847 C.E) and kept them
alive until today and are passing on to future generations of Raama
BhakthAs and NaadhOpAsakAs.

It has been my good fortune to listen to many of these krithis during
the Oppiliappan ThirukkalyANa Uthsavam ( Iypaasi SravaNam time)
when stalwart musicians sang in front of Oppilaa Appan .

Although I have given away 400 audio tapes of mine to a music lover
in Boston area , I still have 200 more tapes and CD ROMs that
have some of these precious krithis of Saint Thyagaraja .I plan
to make them available to the Raama BhakthAs & Music Lovers
thru creation of links to Raama Bhakthi or by creating a special
site that can have the vast storage that would be needed .

A bunch of Music lovers in California , Karnataka , Tamil Nadu
and Kerala and myself have joined together to assemble as
many available krithis from AIR concert and private concerts
(noncoomercial sources) and archive them at a seperate
site devoted to Raama Bhakthi Krithis . We will start with
Saint ThyagarAja Krithis , Nowka Charitham and add Sri Raamashtaka
Krithis of Sri Muthtuswamy Dikshithar , Saint Annamayya's
krithis on Lord Raamachandra-VenkatEsa and BhadrAchala
Ramadoss Krithis under the heading of Raama Bhakthi .

The Raama Bhakthi list that I moderate has two outstanding concerts
containing many ThyAgarAja Krithis sung by Sangeetha VidhvAns
T.V.Sankara NaarAyaNan and T.N.SeshagOpAlan . We will look
for krithis in apoorva raagams sung by eminent artists .

The purpose of this collection is for meeting the educational needs
and to bring as many Raama Bhakthi krithis in to the homes of
our members .

You can hear the beautiful rendering of Ghana Raaga Pancha Ratnam Kritis
and the concert of Sri T.V.SankaranArAyaNan ( Sri Madurai Mani BhANi)
at the links section of Raama Bhakthi list .

You can become members by sending e-mail to :
RamaBhakthi-subscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

and contribute to the building up of the list of krithis
and enjoy that is already there .

We will bend over backward to select from private concerts
and stay away from commercial tapes and discs . All of your
inputs to build up the collection are welcomed .

NamO Sri RaamachandrAya ,
V.Sadagopan

Home Page
http://www.ibiblio.org/sripedia