You are here: SriPedia - RaamaBhakthi - Archives - Feb 2004

RaamaBhakthi List Archive: Message 00002 Feb 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "SRI PRAHALADA VARADAN SRIPAADAM THANGIGAL SABHA ."
<spvstsabha@xxxx>
To: "srirangasri" <srirangasri@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, February 04, 2004 8:33 AM
Subject: [SriRangaSri] Music Competition - Final

> From: The President - SPVST Sabha -
>
> After a successful event of 'BHAJAN AND ABHANG' on the 25th January 2003
your Sabha has organised another unique programme, details of which are
appended below.

> All of you are aware that "Carnatic Music" is our breath and encouraging
this among the youngster is our duty. SPVST Sabha has taken an initiative
in this direction, on the auspicious month of Saint Thiyagaraja birth
anniversary. As you all are aware that the preliminary round was held on
26th January 2004 at Acharya College. The Final Singing Competition by young
and talented group of the finalists will be held in front of large audience
on SUNDAY THE 8TH FEBRUARY 2004 at Sri Vasantha Mandapam of Sri Ahobila
Mutt, Chembur, Mumbai 40071.

> Programme is as under:
>
> FEBRUARY 8, 2004
>
> 4.00 p.m. to 6.00 p.m. Competition Final
> 6.15. p.m. to 7.15 p.m. Screening of Saint Thiyagaraj by Sri Kasturi
> 7.30 p.m. to 8.00 p.m. Award ceremony - prize distribution to
finalists

> In order to encourage the candidates appearing for the final, we would
earnestly request our sabha members to be present with family and friends.
This would pave way for our future programmes.