You are here: SriPedia - RaamaBhakthi - Archives - Mar 2003

RaamaBhakthi List Archive: Message 00006 Mar 2003

Mar 2003 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

SrI:

Dear SrIman Vasudevan:

Thanks for a wonderful posting on the significance
of Hari daasa ghOshti celebrated by SrI ThyaagarAja
SwamigaL in his beautiful krithi.

Please send such postings also to
the Raama Bhakthi group created exclusively
to celebrate krithis of Saint ThyagarAja and
other Raama chaithanyAs. Thank you.

V.Sadagopan

At 05:22 PM 3/24/03 +0530, you wrote:
>Dear sri vaishNava perunthagaiyeer,
>
>Here is a krithi on raamaa filling with joy the hearer every time as also
the composer sree thyaagaraaja, which is so sweet. The raagaa is also very
dear one. First let us see the krithi and the meaning. Then we will see in
dhaashaNa vadham in raamaayaNam and krishNa's raasa leelaa.

>raagam: yamuna kalyani thaaLam: aadhi
>
>Composer: Saint Thyaagaraaja
>
>pallavi
>haridhaasulu vedala muchchata
>gani aanandhamaayE dhayaaLO [hari]
>
>Meaning: O compassionate one! On seeing the hari dhaasaas come out on to
the street in procession, I am filled with joy!

>anupallavi
>hari gOvindha narahari raamakrishNaayani
>varusaga naamamulu karuNathO jEyuchu [hari]
>
>meaning: I am filled with joy on seeing the hari dhaasaas come out onto the
street in procession, singing with grace and meter, the names such as hari,
gOvindha, nara hari, raama, krishna etc.

>charaNam 1
>sangathigaanu mrudhanga ghOshamulachE
>ponguchu veedhula kEguchu mErayuchu [hari]
>
>meaning: I am filled with joy on seeing the hari dhaasaas come out onto the
street in procession, singing in unison and adopting variations [?] -
sangathees, going down the streets, in time to the resounding beats of the drum!

>charaNam 2
>chakkani harichE jikkithimani madhi
>sokkuchu naamamE dhikkani pogaduchu [hari]
>
>meaning: I am filled with joy on seeing the hari dhaasaas come out onto the
street in procession, in joyous abandon that they have been ensnared by hari
into his service, by making them realise that his name is the only salvation!

>charaNam 3
>dhittamuga nadu gattuthO nadugulu
>bEttuchu thaaLamu betti galgallanaga [hari]
>
>meaning: I am filled with joy on seeing the hari dhaasaas come out onto the
street in procession, having tied their waist cloths firmly, beating time
with their hands, the bells on their dancing feet making tinkling sounds!

>charaNam 4
>jnaanamuthO raama dhyaanamuthO manchi
>gaanamuthO mEnu dhaanamu sanguchu [hari]
>
>meaning: I am filled with joy on seeing the hari dhaasaas come out onto the
street in procession, singing songs, with no care as to their physical
forms, having attained the knowledge that His name is the only path to
salvation!

>charaNam 5
>raajaraaju neepai jaajulu challuchu
>raajillaluchu thyaagaraajunithO goodi [hari]
>
>meaning: I am filled with joy on seeing the hari dhaasaas come out onto the
street in procession, as they, in the company of thyaagaraajaa, shower
flowers on the king of kings and so doing proceed with their joyous task!